Shakaland
US$92
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Road Lodge Richards Bay(Richards Bay)(Great Value!)
US$52
Seagull Lodge(Richards Bay)
US$143
US$140
US$85
Imvubu Lodge(Meerensee)(Great Value!)
US$64
Splendid Inn Bayshore(Richards Bay)
US$48
US$40
  • Restaurant
Mavundla Guest House(Richards Bay)
All reviewsnice stayhutculturecustomsaccommodationinsightdamguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This place has been since its invention the best cultural village in South Africa.Professional and still home from home. Performances are enthusiastic and not boring. Information is great. Food and service is excellent and should be on everyones itinerary.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pzan
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I was fearful at first, I didn't know what to expect. Men in loincloths dancing greeted us- teaching us how they handshake- think brotherhood handshake! What a welcome. The hut we stayed in was an experience. I loved it. Then they showed us their village and way of life and the cultural show was great! Some may have found it touristy- but the experience was awesome. I really felt their energy during the show. A must see!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mamabelz
Reviewed 6 September 2012

It is not so cheap but brekfast and dinner are included and they are good. Fun and interested complex for children. The zulu dance is the best that we have seen. The real problem is water: in most part of the day there wasn't water to wash ourselves. Rooms are very nice and we didn't find them so hot, it's enough open the window.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I arrived int he late afternoon, spent the night and then left the next morning. I was totally impressed with the set-up. The area was clean, the rooms fantastic and the staff friendly. I watched the afternoon with my clients as well as the evening show, and both of them I enjoyed thoroughly! The morning show I felt could have been a little longer, but since there were only 2 of us, maybe that's why it seemed a little rushed. The food was excellent, though maybe for lunch we could have had more choice then sandwiches (we did get there late though). The pool was brilliant blue I have to add. I enjoyed my overnight stay, and would happily base myself there while exploring the countryside.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelldon_Wells
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is built up for a dramatic TV series about the Zulu King Shaka. We were here in November and had a sightseeing alone, only 4. It is a nice place with young people who had a warm smile and we learned about the Zulu. A little movie showed some of the TV series. The hut can have some bugs, but nice bathrooms and a good bed. Night dancing performance was grate!!!!! This is built up for tourists, fine, good food buffet, and a nice place.
We stayed one night. The service was good!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends