Second time visiting Goa in the last two years, stayed for 3 nights at Holiday Village.
Hotel pros: In general, excellent service as you would expect from a 5* hotel, especially during the breakfast buffet where many staff are on hand to help serve. Beautiful hotel grounds and great location next to the beach. Clean rooms which are well maintained. Ate lunch at the Caravela restaurant next to the beach - good variety of food on the menu. Guests of Holiday village are welcome to use the breakfast and dining facilities of the sister hotel - Taj by vivanta fort Aguada which is just down the road. The hotel offers a convenient car service to take you between the two hotels at any time (it's roughly a 15 minute walk). Beautiful place for a relaxing break. We enjoyed the spa services - good variety of massages available. The hotel kindly accommodated late checkout for us as we had a late flight.
On the downside: There seem to be a few communication issues between the staff. Firstly, on arrival reception staff informed us of the Italian restaurant down the road at Taj Fort Aguada, so we decided to go there for dinner one evening. Staff at Fort Aguada directed us downstairs to the restaurant - however we found that it was in fact closed for refurbishment. Found it a bit odd that multiple staff members were unaware of this. So we ended up eating at the Latitude restaurant in Fort Aguada, but this was a little disappointing as the menu was pretty much the same as the Caravela restaurant and we had been hoping to try something different. Secondly, there seemed to be a shortage of towels at the pool, and when we asked for an extra towel, the pool attendant told us to go and complain to reception about the shortage of towels - he himself seemed quite annoyed that they wouldn't listen to him about the shortage. Not the kind of thing you'd expect from a resort of this kind. Communication issues aside, we found a large cockroach in our room - but this was dealt with quickly by the pest control staff and probably can't blame the hotel for this. Whilst generally the service was very good, was a little dissapointed by the Caravela restauant as we had ordered some fresh fruit juices with our lunch - the food arrived and we had finished eating, but there was still no sign of our drinks so ended up cancelling the order. Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked so the Caravela restaurant reached its maximum capacity for the breakfast buffet every morning, so we had to wait ~10 mins for a table each morning. Not too bad though.
All in all a lovely place to stay and unwind. Unrelated to the hotel, the seas in North Goa are a lot rougher than in South Goa, so take care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa, is different, yet the same in many ways. Still the charming village, that flirts with the beach. Where fun lovers come for repeat doses of delight. There's a nice new buzz however. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Holiday Village, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Hotel Sinquerim
- Vivanta By Taj - Holiday Village, Goa Sinquerim