we had divided our 4 day stay in goa between vagator in the north and 2 nights in Taj Holiday Village. This place is an oasis...not that goa is a desert!! But one can stay here and experience the ultimate luxury!!
The lovely goanese cottages connected by quaint tree hugging pathways was simply divine...though ive stayed in this heaven a few times before...still can enjoy its beauty again and again!! The best part was the hotel upgraded us to a sea view cottage...from where we had uninterrupted views of the sea. Frankly one can avoid the ugly sinquerim beach...seriuosly after the divine beaches way up north...this was truly a rude comeback!! Though the hotel reserves its own sun beds on the beach...the crowded stretch of sand is best avoided. The pool with its sunken bar and kids splash area was great fun...my husband and the kids spent their entire day at this waterhole! The staff at the pool area were over-attentive and always secured sun beds smilingly and brought in your drinks and snacks without delay.
Now to the room...very spacious – four of us fitted in comfortably with an extra bed...and yet had enough space to move around. The sit out verandah overlooking a private garden with your own hammock, lazing with a book, listening to the waves breaking ashore...it is really worth every penny. The only mishap- the extra bed on being pre-paid in my booking and also re-emphasised during check-in as both my kids were tired and need sleep...what came was one horrible rickety crap, after some stern objections by my husband, and with two more dirty options...they finally produced a decent bed. Their reply to this was that all rooms are running full capacity and no extra beds were available..hence they had brought in old discarded piece. But the hospitality manager came down and calmed the situation and organised one in working condition finally.
Breakfast at the Deck was really a large spread...and with my gluten and dairy issues I whole heartedly gorged on the south Indian fare. I must recommend their superb Thai restaurant..a little walk from the reception, though they organise the golf cart to take you here...amazing amazing amazing...even the desserts were so authentic and delicious...we dined one at lunch and again for dinner the next day...absolutely divine.
The hotel provides complimentary pick-up and drop-off service to/from the airport at specified timings..all you need to do is pre-book your seat in the coach. Though we didn't make use of this service this trip, my daughter has severe motion sickness so we hired a cab.
A great trip overall...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa, is different, yet the same in many ways. Still the charming village, that flirts with the beach. Where fun lovers come for repeat doses of delight. There's a nice new buzz however. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Holiday Village, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Sinquerim
- Taj Holiday Village Hotel Sinquerim
- Vivanta By Taj - Holiday Village, Goa Sinquerim