I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times. The first three were awesome! Staff were just brilliant. My most recent stay in June last year was a huge disappointment!
We wife and I booked where we got a deal with all meals included. The problem was, most of these meals were buffets and had specific timings! We arrived at 2.30pm, checked in and were told that the restaurant downstairs was still serving it buffet. We went saw and walked out. The food looked like it was a few days old. We enquired and were told that at the taj village we could get better options and were told to go to the Thai restaurant. Got there and they said that this all meals included deal isn't covered for lunch on whatever day that was (Sunday I think) So we went to Caravella. By now, the buffet was shut and we were told that could only get a la carte and it would be charged. Argued with them. Fort Aguada called them up and fixed the issue. We ordered a la carte and wern't charged. But to have to go through all this just to get a meal? I would have taken the package without the meals included if they had told me that there are terms and conditions which apply instead of saying, "you can eat at any restaurant any time" Fact is you cant. thai food on sunday is a no no!
There's one chap in the Italian restaurant who has been with the Taj for a while. Forget his name but every time I've stayed here, its probably cause of his service. He remembers you by name and goes the extra mile to ensure you're every whim and fancy is catered to. James? Not sure. I think its James.
Some rooms are nice. Some are very standard. Taj has lost its groove. Unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa, spreading across a picturesque 42 acres, meanders into the ramparts of the 17th century Portuguese coastal fort. The resort spreads on the sea front along the Sinquerim to Calangute beach stretch. It is an hour and half drive from the airport. Airport transfers by coach are offered as a complimentary courtesy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Taj Fort Aguada Resort & Spa, Goa Sinquerim