Stayed there twice-once in Summers off-peak season (2010) and the other time in December 2012. The first time I was there, I was accompanied by my friends from Oxford and we thoroughly enjoyed the spa, swimming pool and superb quality food that was served in its restaurants. I specifically remember going to its one of the shack-kind-of-restaurant next to the swimming pool and being approached by the head chef to ask about our taste preferences. Soon after that we just gladly chucked the menu aside and simply let the chef amaze us with his much innovative and exotic preparations of different kinds of fish freshly caught from the sea. At that time I was sure that I could possibly be sitting in a Michelin starred restaurant- the food was nothing less than what you'd expect from such restaurants. The high levels of service and attention to the detail you get here are not something you come across Indian hotels/resorts so easily.
I was with my family the second time I stayed there. The sea facing rooms were spacious, airy and needless to say had an amazing view. One of the 2 doors of the room opened into a long corridor while the other one right on to a private sit-out area with a Hammock overlooking the Arabian sea. There are good restaurants and cafes near the resort but renting a vehicle is definitely recommended because even the nearest restaurants are not really that near.
I rented an Innova and there was ample parking space. I didn't request it but the staff cleaned the car every morning I stayed in the resort. Neither did I ask for it nor do I believe that any resort is obliged to do this for their guests. It is such little things that the resort does for you that makes you go all praises about it. Throughout my stay I kept getting such pleasant little surprises and that I believe is what places this resort way further ahead than its competitors offering the rooms at similar prices.
Will stay here and only here the next time I go to Goa! Needless to say, the staff was great and looked extremely happy in welcoming us. What else can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! In our continuous endeavor to offer our guests the best product, service and value through the years, the Swimming pool at Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa will be closed between 10th to 25th September 2017 (both days inclusive) for periodic maintenance activity. During this period the pool facilities at our sister property Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa will be available for use to our guests. Please be assured that the hotel has taken all necessary measures, to minimize the inconvenience caused to our guests. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. All other facilities, and services remain fully operational during this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Sinquerim