We go to Goa twice a year, have stayed in Lemon Tree, Capt Lobos, Alila Diwa, Holiday Inn and sometimes in Air Bnb rented apartments- so pls see this in that view.
As for location, there is nothing that beats this hotel, especially in the monsoon when you wont really sit on the beach but in a covered balcony with a sea view. Unlike some of the 5 Stars in south goa (eg Holiday Inn), these guys have kept the facilities (eg gym, TV...etc) updated, so while the building is a bit old, the rooms are great. We went in a 3+1 day monsoon package in end July 2014, stayed in terrace sea view premium room.
- Location is the best. There is nothing like swashing waves in the view (South goa hotel rooms are far from sea even if the property is on the beach coz the beaches are huge, followed by lawns etc)
- Apart from being on the sea, Fort Aguada is prime spot- you can have your quiet dinners or places with higher vibe and energy.
- We hired a baby sitter for us and friends daughter, provided by hotel contact. It all went perfectly well. We had gone to the casino, came back by 3am, all was good. Reliability is critical in this situation- we got it.
- The buffet dinner can get repetitive- try to find out which days you can go to specific restaurants like seafood, Thai etc... plan accordingly.
- We were offered Villas, my sense is they are further up the property, a bit more secluded. We were two families, my recco would be to stay in the hotel
- First floor views are better than ground floor.
- As you enter the lobby, the rooms on the left side block have better view (dont remember name) than right.
Overall, i want to go every monsoon, and probably to the same property (unless some one specifically persuades me).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Sinquerim