“BAD! Will never go there again”
Review of Alveston Manor

Alveston Manor
Ranked #3 of 29 Middelburg B&B and Inns
“BAD! Will never go there again”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We got the friday evening, not enough beds in the room, I was told the the guy or boy that was working friday evening, that he was not going to waste time with that. He took me on about the money which was not my fault. The window handle was broken and we couldn't close the window. We had to wait for about 20 minutes for warm water and it still wasn't warm. The floor around the toilet was full of water. I was aked what time do I have to leave the next morning and I said no later than quater past 8 and I was told that breakfast only started at half past 7, we walked in the breakfast area half past 7 and at quater past 8 the first plate arrived and I was told that he decided to give us a half portion instead of what I asked for. I had to leave and was late already and I was told to wait another 5 minutes, the food we received wasn't correct and I was told that there wasn't enough food and if I had a problem to speak to the owner.

That was the worst place I ever stayed at and will never recommend it to anyone. We all left with out eating that morning and was late as well.

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank spenasie

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montagu - South Africa
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Small bedroom, the bedroom windows opens on the covert reception area, with noise from the television which is located in that area. Plus is the bathroom with has a mixer in the shower and on the basin. No real a la carte menu in the evening as web-site suggest.
Only 2 choices of meat, sirloin or shank.
Breakfast not presented as shown in the breakfast menu. No one to welcome you at breakfast. Had to find staff ourselves. With the serving of tea much is spoil on the table cloth. Nothing is done or said about it.
Next time when we are in the area. we look for something else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meijercs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middelburg
Kairos Home
#4 of 29 in Middelburg
Del Roza Guest House
Del Roza Guest House
#1 of 29 in Middelburg

Been to Alveston Manor? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Alveston Manor

Property: Alveston Manor
Address: 21 Hexriver Street | Aerorand, Middelburg 1050, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Mpumalanga > Middelburg
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 29 B&Bs / Inns in Middelburg
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Alveston Manor 4*
As the flagship of the Swanne Group, Alveston Manor stands apart as one of the most sought after up market hospitality establishments in Middelburg. Situated half way between Johannesburg and Nelspruit on the Maputo Corridor, it is well positioned for a relaxing stopover on your way to the low veld (Mpumalanga). It is also conveniently located close to the new Middelburg Mall and N4 high way making it easily accessible to travellers and affording you a modern shopping experience. For the business traveller, it is close to all the main industries, mines and power stations in the area, while being set in a tranquil and picturesque suburban area. Alveston also cater for small weddings, launches, networking events and other private functions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Alveston Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.