See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Nice enough hotel, my bathroom could have been cleaner, room not serviced on a 2 night stay but extra towels given. Had to leave my room keys at reception every time I went out, a policy I neither liked nor understood. Very obliging gentleman on reception, he was helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Beautiful Lake District to explore Mt Fuji and surrounds.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We have our tour guide to do the translation for us so checking in was a breeze. The traditional tatami room was cozy but a little dusty(nothing unbearable unless you have a very sensitive nose). The best part of this hotel will be their skincare products!! They provided DHC skincare products but in Olive gold series(video attached). It consists of a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, makeup remover, basically everything you need in a skincare routine. Tried to google for the products but they are only allowed to be sold for corporate use. Anyone who knows how to get the whole set of DHC Olive gold series please drop me a pm! Will be really grateful :)

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located near lake Kawaguchi. It has a good scenery outside.

This hotel is old but kept well. It’s okay to stay a night or two. Nothing special however.

They have free bus service from Kawaguchiko bus station to and from the hotel.

I was just surprised when I checked out that they bill me some Onsen tax which we didn’t even use. The hotel said it’s a mandatory so I paid them.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JH C
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Not my cup of tea....

There is absolutely nothing nearby...No shops or eateries at all....and the nearest ones are a good walk away....

Definitely not a place to book.of you haven't got transport....

The only saving grace is that it's a short walk to the drop off point of the your bus,which you can use to get to the train station

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JulianF584
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My mother and I stayed here during cherry blossom season and we loved it! They provided us with kimonos to wear around the hotel which gave us many laughs. We enjoyed the hot baths there and the hotel is across the road to the lake and a short walk to some beautiful scenery. We enjoyed an amazing dinner there.
It is a little dated but excellent.

Date of stay: April 2017