All reviews tatami style dinner onsen lake japan fuji bath mt
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel was located near Kawaguchiko lake and far from Kawaguchiko station / 2-3 min by hotel bus. You can contact travel information center at Kawaguchiko station and ask the staffs to call to the hotel for a hotel bus to take you to the hotel. For dinner and breakfast , the hotel prepared us delicious Japanese food sets in the Japanese style. You can walk along the lake and watch beautiful Mt Fuji and Sakura trees.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Charoenpong R
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

love it! love the traditional feeling but still modern. love the food and stay. i wish i stayed longer. highly recommended especially for overseas tourist visiting mt. fuji/ lake kawaguchi, you'll get the japan experience :) plus free wifi

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2016

This is quite a quaint hotel with beautiful view of kawaguchi-ko. Parking was free and the service was quite good. I called beforehand to book a car space and to inform them of dietary requirements. They were quite happy to oblige and were quite careful. However, they did forget for one of the breakfast, so I encourage you to double check before eating. Dinner and breakfast was quite good. Pretty average ryokan food. The onsen was quite small. Staff performance was quite good. Most of them spoke only Japanese and one could speak poor English (at the reception). They also hired a few Chinese (at the dining area) for the many Chinese tourist there. The room was however very small and the futon had to be placed head-to-toe and not side-by-side. The old lady and old man who cleans the room were very friendly and nice. There was free internet in the room. This hotel was not near any train station. It would be better to drive.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2016

They provide free shuttle to pick us up at the station. I sent my bags from Osaka to be delivered to this Ryokan, they helped me checked and update me all the time when is my bags arriving and once it arrived. They even helped me to sent it to my room.
On the date of arrival, I had informed them, 7 of us will be late for the dinner. They even gave us a private room for us to have the dinner at a later time slot. But as my husband need to complete his Marathon first so he arrival late then us. They even let him have his dinner in the room.

We rent a car to drive around the Fuji, on the date we need to return the car. The Ryokan staff drove their car and follow us to the car rental and waited for my husband finished the car rental return paper work and sent him back to the ryokan.

Super service.

I did not managed to try the onsen, as I am pregnant. But according my husband it is relaxing.

The 24hr store is just next to the Ryokan. so if u need some late night snacks, it is very near.

Room tip: They do not have room that have Fuji view.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HouseOfEnVy
Reviewed 28 February 2016

We arrived in Kawaguchiko station just past noon and proceeded to the tourist information center which is just to the right after exiting the station. Showed our hotel reservation slip to the counter staff and they promptly helped to call the hotel. Within 5 minutes, a van arrived to pick us up to the hotel. The hotel looks generally new. Although checkin only starts from 3pm, the staff told us he could get ready for us our rooms by 2pm. We left our luggages at the side of the reception, and went for lunch. We showed the staff the name of the restaurant we wanted to go, and he gave us clear directions on a map. It was raining and there were free umbrellas for our use. By the time we arrived back to the hotel at 2.40pm, we were checked in. It was the Lake Kawaguchi Winter Fireworks Festival, and to our pleasant surprise, we were given complimentary boat tickets for that night to watch the fireworks. A staff brought us to our rooms and gave us simple orientation and briefing to our rooms. After a short rest, we went up to the top floor for onsen. The onsen is not big, there is just an indoor pool and a very small outdoor pool. But the outdoor pool is really good for the cold weather and it faces the lake. Although, I find the chlorine smell quite strong, so I am not sure if they use 100% spring water. When we were making our hotel reservation, we had taken the "all-you-can-eat" beef/ pork package. Three of us did not take beef and went for the pork instead. We were seated together during dinner, so we could taste both. Personally, I found the pork better than beef. The meat, rice, tofu and soup can be replenished, as it is "all-you-can-eat", but not the other items. The breakfast set is passable, but quantity can be more. Generally, for the price we paid for an onsen hotel, it is passable.

Room tip: Ask for lake view
Date of stay: February 2016