Kawaguchi lake business & resort Sawa Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Shiki no Yado Fujisan(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
US$175
Onsenji Yumedono Ryokan(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
US$736
US$693
Ryokan
Wakakusa no Yado Maruei(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
US$439
Hotel New Century(Fujikawaguchiko-machi)
US$214
US$159
Trip.com
All reviewsdrug storeminute walknice hotelkawaguchiko train stationmt fujinice staybreakfast was includedwould stay againshuttle servicewi fiair conspacious roomnice viewmicrowavebalconymifilobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights on may stay in Kawaguchiko. Didn't expect too much, because I got a single room for only 8.500 Yen / night.

But I was more than surprised ... it was a very nice little hotel. The room was quite small, but had everything in it. Except WiFi, that was only available in the Lobby. But you can geet a modem (!) from the reception for free!

Staff was VERY helpfull, gave me a modem, a poweradapter and LOTS of maps!

Hotel is in a quite good location ... 10 minutes per foot to the Kawaguchiko-Station. Not very much restaurants near, but withing 15-30 minutes of walking you can reach some good ones (for example: Kosaku Hotou)

All in all: If you're travelling on a budget: Go there, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank suffix
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is very good value for money. We stayed here to explore this area having previously visited on a day trip from Tokyo; we also wanted to climb Mt Fuji. The room we had was at the back with a balcony. The room was spacious with a full size double bed and there were extra pillows in reception if needed. We had breakfast included and this was adequate. Personally I prefer to have Japanese breakfast in Japan, but this hotel tried to mix it a bit; so alongside the soup & salad came a hamburger or hotdog and yogurt. The staff do speak English and were very helpful. We managed to walk easily from the station with our cases, but we did accept the lift back to the station at the end of our stay. There was no mention to my memory of air-con in the hotel description, but I can assure you the rooms are air-conditioned. We had a; lot of wet gear after out ascent of Fuji, so the west facing balcony was ideal for drying it!

Room Tip: We chose a large double I think and we were more than happy with it. the back rooms face west and have no traffic noise, but the location of this hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley_11
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Didn't spend too much time in the hotel as we were making the most of the area but the rooms are clean and well equipped. Staff are helpful and everything you need is in the hotel - microwaves on each floor and a laundry room. Large reception area and breakfast/coffee bar. Not too much nearby but there is a 7-11 and a shopping mall in the direction of Mount Fuji.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MJT
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Good value, nice clean and comfortable hotel with views of Mt. Fuji from the balcony. Convenient location for exploring Mt Fuji and only a short walk into town.
The only thing that let this hotel down was the breakfast. I was looking forward to a Japanese breakfast of fish, rice, natto, miso soup and pickled vegetables - but what we got was a Hotdog, shredded cabbage salad, tomato, cream vegetable soup and some plain yoghurt. No rice or miso soup in sight ! This was more like a western lunch menu than a breakfast menu and the serving size was very small. I would stay again, but next time I would pass on the breakfast and walk into town and buy my own.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Although we were only there for 1 night, my husband & I certainly enjoyed our stay with Sawa Hotel. We arrived late in the evening around 6pm, it was dark. Took some time to walk in the cold to the hotel from Kawaguchiko Station. It was about -3°C I think.

Our room was on the 4th floor. It was much more spacious than I thought it would be. It has full amenities in the bathroom - automated toilet, bath tub, water heater, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, towels, etc. The queen sized bed was comfortable as well. Furniture was a little old. i hope they'll put in some work into that. I really like this hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to see Fuji-san at her best in winter mornings. We woke up around 6:30AM to a breathtaking view of Fuji-san.

We checked out at 10:00AM. The hotel provides free shuttle service to Kawaguchiko Station. Check with them for available timings. Definitely helped us!

I'll definitely come back! This time I'll bring my family with me. Thank you for the awesome service Hotel Sawa!

Room Tip: Not all of their staff speak English. However, there's a tourist centre at the station. That helped a lot. We took the Retro bus to Lake Kawaguchiko from Kawaguchiko Station.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple