All reviews la vista ramen free popsicles western dinner first come first serve basis japanese touches grinder shower area public bath shuttle bus breakfast and dinner grape juice room balcony the hotel staff private onsen course dinner buffet style
Reviewed 9 May 2018

This is very great hotel for Mount Fuji view. You can see the panorama of Mt.Fuji from the bedroom and bathroom, so amazing. Great service and hospitality. There are both public and private onsen which you can enjoy. The room’s spacious with all amenities and facilities. Love everything there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie W
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

The Lavista Hotel was undoubtedly the highlight of our 12 day trip to Japan! From the moment we arrived (shuttle bus brought us from kawaguchiko station) we knew it was going to be a great stay.
At check in, staff greeted us warmly and sat all check-in guests down with refreshing drinks and provided a thorough overview of the hotels amenities.
The view of Mt. Fuji is just spectacular!!
Our room was amazing. We opted for the room with a view of Mt.Fuji and are so glad we did. There is a big bath tub overlooking Mt.Fuji - bliss!
The daily onsens were just beautiful. We opted for the private onsens which had different themes. This beautiful hotel has thought of all the little touches that made it the most amazing experience - lemon/mint water, snacks, drinks and ice-pops after your onsen.
The food was great - breakfast and dinner were a very high standard with lots of variety.
The big standout from our experience were the amazing staff. So lovely and helpful. From the fabulous Miku with her big welcome and smiley face in the restaurant, Yoshimi who helped us with planning our activities and was just great and Watanabe who went above and beyond to help us book our bus tickets to the airport. He personally drove us to the shop and helped us pick up the tickets. Now that is first class customer service! Undoubtedly the best we experienced in Japan.
This hotel is really amazing. I don't think the pictures do it justice. It is homely, warm and has a beautiful touch of France in Japan!! Amazing. Already thinking about another trip. Do yourself a favour and book this. It won't disappoint!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at La Vista and would definitely recommend it and return again. The rooms are large, with excellent amenities including hot tubs with auto fill. I enjoyed the bathroom setup which had a very nice shower with a lot of settings as well as tub. I even had a fireplace, but as it was 23 I didn’t need it.
I had free drinks in my mini fridge, some great tea and a whole cute tea tray in my room, and fresh beans and hand grinder for pour over coffee. It was fun! I love the attention to detail. They even have the special pour over water kettle. So charming.
For someone who isn’t so comfortable bathing with strangers there are several options at the hotel including private onsens and lovely in room bathtubs that face Mt Fuji with complete privacy.
Staff were extremely kind and accommodating. The shuttle was easy and quite convenient. I had an early breakfast at the very comprehensive buffet after a pour over coffee on my balcony- with amazing view of Mt Fuji. I walked down hill and rented a bike nearby and in ten minutes was in Oishi Park, beating out all the tour groups and driving tourists. Couldn’t have a better launch spot for seeing that area.
I don’t know why people on other reviews were complaining about English skills. I don’t speak a word of Japanese and I had zero problems. They were very smiley and prompt. They explained all the services upon check in, and gave me a sheet summarizing everything, along with a refreshing glass of Yuzu lemonade.

It is a bit far from station but with the shuttle running it wasn’t a problem with a little planning. I think the location is better than town if you want quick access to the lake and park.
Do let them know if you want dinner ahead of time. Tourists will fuss about that but it isn’t so unusual when traveling in spa hotels in Japan for the hotel to require notice for dinner. Traveling in Japan requires some forward planning, just work with it.

It was truly a delight. Relaxing boutique hotel! I felt welcome and enjoyed every minute. As a solo traveler I was completely at home and everyone was extremely kind. There were also several families and they also looked happy. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mmcconnie
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This was such a good stay, I originally booked one night and ended up splurging and staying one more because I didn't want to leave. So do yourself a favor if you can and go for at least 2 nights, but nothing wrong with one. Obviously weather can be a factor and the weather gods blessed me with 2 mostly sunny days and clear views of Fuji morning and afternoon.

Maybe I missed the email in part because I booked through 3rd party site for night 1, but called them day of arrival and caught the 2pm shuttle from the train station. They run shuttles each hour 2-6pm and will return you next morning at various times between 8am-12pm to return you to train station. You do need to reserve the shuttle times with the hotel coming and going. However, there are local buses such as the local Red Bus that for 380 yen will take you to stop #19, but you will need to walk up a hill so keep in mind if you're hauling luggage. A taxi would probably run you around 2000-2500 yen ($25 US).

The staff does speak some English and a manager spoke it very well. I regret I did not get her name, but she was very friendly and helpful and took great care of everything I needed. I am not sure of some other reviews about the lack of English, because I know maybe 10 Japanese words and can't read it to save my life but had no problem here. To my fellow western tourists, you are in JAPAN, please stop complaining about English or lack thereof. The staff here speaks more than enough.

The very spacious room had a private bathtub overlooking Fuji and the balcony as well. I'll just add pics and let them speak for themself or view the ones already posted. There are 4 private onsens with different themes (bamboo, brick, mosaic tile, and stone) and a public one separated by gender. The private ones have lighted signs that clearly tell you if they are available or not. No reservation needed for private ones. I never had one issue getting a private one and the public one has an amazing view of Fuji also. They give you free fruit popsicles to cool down with afterwords and of course there are vending machines that can take care of any alcohol or non alcohol needs.

My first night I had a multiple course western dinner. My guess is based on where you are from, they may assume you want Western or Japanese style and it was delicious with some Japanese touches to it. It's a good option if you don't like raw fish. If you let them know in advance you can ask for Japanese or Western style. I did let the server know for night 2, I wanted Japanese style as I am in JAPAN!. They give you two times for dinner (5:15 and 7:50). I opted for 7:50 based on sunset so I could enjoy my Fuji view until dark and then go to dinner. They offer a beer, wine, sake menu if you want to have those beverages with dinner. They also have a huge breakfast buffet from 6:30-9am in morning, which has western and Japanese dishes to choose from. it was a huge spread that will start your day right and you may even get a nice view of Fuji from your table.

Day 2, I walked from hotel and around a lot of the lake. Doesn't take too long as train station is 4.2km from hotel. I took the locals bus back to stop #19, which you could catch going either way. Lots of cherry blossoms (April) by the lake and plenty of shops in town. While you're there stock up on some snacks (or before arriving) as there are no stores next to hotel, but with the amazing dinner, free snack in bar from 6-7pm and free late night ramen at 10:30pm, vending machines, you are well covered.

There are some rooms that don't have Fuji view or tubs so make sure you book the correct room if that's important to you as it was to me. Also check to see if dinner and or breakfast is included. There are many different 3rd party sites to book with so read your booking details. Had very few issues with WiFi, but it may drop out sometimes. You have a view of Fuji-san outside your room! I love my wifi as much as anyone, but I'm not there for the wifi. I'm there for Fuji and this place delivered. Even if the weather is bad, you will still love this place. It was the highlight of my Japan trip and can't recommend it enough.

On check out, they can charge you in yen or $US. If your card has no foreign transaction fees, yen is best way to go.

Again, the staff here was amazing, friendly, and helpful. Thank for two of the most relaxing days ever! This place is great for couples, solo, or families. Weather, rooms can vary, so keep that in mind. Also Japan still has a smoking rooms so make sure you get a non-smoking roomswhich many seemed to be. That said, if you're gonna splurge or wonder if this place lives up to expectations, you will not be disappointed.

Room tip: Go for 4th, 5th, 6th floor if possible but take any Fuji view!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 23 February 2018

The La Vista Hotel was a very welcome stay in the Fujikawaguchiko area. Before arrival, the hotel staff emailed me regarding my time of arrival and whether I needed a shuttle ride. They have shuttles from Kawaguchiko Station to the hotel in the afternoon, starting at 2pm and ending at 6pm. In the reverse, they have morning shuttles roughly starting at 8am to noon. Make sure you know your arrival time, as they try to stick with what's on their itinerary sheet. I was lucky to have been accommodated, as I had initially thought I would arrive at 4pm, but instead got there at 2 pm. As they have 2 minivans, i was able to hop onboard.

The check-in process was very quick, though they had some puzzling looks as I arrived as 1 person, while I booked a room for 2. There wasn't an option for me to choose single traveler, so I paid for 2. After getting that all squared away, I got to my room and just enjoyed the view from my room. I was lucky to have a clear few days of viewing Mt Fuji, and it was breathtaking.

The spa/sauna/hotspring was rather small. The pool could fit maybe 10-15 people comfortably (depending on how close you want to be to the next guy), and they only had 2 outdoor single tubs. they had 1 salt sauna (can fit 3-4 people) and 1 dry sauna (fits maybe 8). The good thing is that rooms also have a tub on the balcony (if you chose such rooms). they also have private saunas next to the public ones. these are first-come, first-served for those who aren't keen to be seen in public in their birthday suit. Perhaps because it was winter, during my use of the public bath, there were only 3 people max using it (this may be due to the times in which I went: 6 am, 3pm, 8pm).

Dinner was very nice. Each night, dinner is served at either 5:20 pm or 7:50 pm and you are given a choice of Japanese or Western styled. You had to make your choice the night before, so on the day of arrival, they make the choice of Western for you. In my package, breakfast and dinner were part of the room deal.

The Staff were very polite, as expected in Japan.

Date of stay: February 2018