“Best hotel in Saint Priest”

Golden Tulip Lyon Eurexpo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Saint-Priest
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Located right at the Parque Technologiques in Saint Priest, the modern business hotel offers good service, modern, well equipped rooms, free Wifi and also a quick connection to Lyon aiport, so definitely a much better option than losing lots of time when going downtown for an overnight stay. The fitness room could offer more, but there are jogging routes outside. Nice little hotel bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 November 2013

With American standards in mind this hotel was great. It was our 1st time to Europe and this was one of the top 3 places we stayed (out of 11) Highly recommended! The beds were comfortable, food was fantastic, breakfast had lots of choices truly great compared to other accommodations in Europe.

The dinner we had was one of our best meals and the desert was decadent - top chief! the beers on tap were wonderful, we are picky and enjoy craft beers but were surprised a lot of places were disappointing - but not here! Its not close to much you can walk to but I believe there was some form of public transportation that goes by (like a rail car or something).

Room Tip: new hotel so all the rooms are updated and great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RUaVTBaby
NolwennRoux, Responsable relations clients at Golden Tulip Lyon Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for your kind words concerning our hotel. We are so glad to read that you would recommend us and that we are in your Top 3 places you have stayed in Europe. Your satisfaction is an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay memorable.

It is true that we are not close to the city centre by walk but the public transportations are just in front the hotel.

Regarding our cooking, our Chief attaches particular importance to the choice of products: always in season, grown through organic farming, with low salt and fat content and made by local producers. This is very important for us. Did you know that our pastry Chief has worked with Pierre Hermé, one of the finest Chief in France? His desserts are limited in sugar but still very tasty!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel Golden Tulip Lyon Millenaire.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel every week for months, although the hotel is new and nice the customer care is worse than dissapointing.
Yesterday I arrvied to the hotel and found out that my room was unavailable because there was a water leak.
The front desk people was at 23:59 pm looking for a room for me in another hotel. Obviously no hotel was offering any room at that time of the night.
It was nervewracking to see how 2 people were searching on the internet for a room for me.
They told me that they had to relocate other people also due to the same problem, but they relocated them in the afternoon. Why they didn't look for a room for me at that moment? This is poor organization.
Finally I decided to stay with a colleague in her room so I could have some sleep. Thank you to my colleague, otherwise I would be still waiting on the front desk while they look for a room on the internet.
Today when I got my room they told me that I cannot have an upgraded room because i was going to stay for a long period. (REALLY?!?!) They told me though, that a surprise was expecting me at the room. The surprise was 3 macarrons... quite a poor compensation for having to share a room like I was in a hostel instead of being in a 4 star hotel, don't you think?

It is very dissapointing that a regular customer like me or my colleagues receive this kind of treatment. It's not the first time and i'm sure it will not be the last.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Irlapes-irlapes
NolwennRoux, Responsable relations clients at Golden Tulip Lyon Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We would like to apologise one more time for the technical issue in your room. This situation was unpredictable and our director of maintenance has worked hard to try to fixe it before your arrival.

We are sorry that we did not find any other solution than to propose you to share a room with your colleague. Please stay assures that it does not correspond to our level of service.

After this unfortunately event, it was not possible to upgrate you as a compensation because all our Executive rooms were booked.

We are sorry to read that you did not like the home-made macaroons we have offered.

This situation is unusual and never happened before and we would like to assure you that we will do our best to avoid it in the future.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to give you a better impression of our services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Traveling with a Globus tour we spent a night here at the Hotel Golden Tulip Lyon. The room was nice and spacious, the beds very comfortable and it being located outside the city it was very quite here. I would recommend they get a few more electric adapters for their USA guest, this is the only complaint we have. We didn't need the A/C , it was a cool night.Overall a good stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stopped at this hotel while driving from the Alps to western France. I liked it, the room was fairly large, modern with a nice bathroom. If you are going to Lyon there is a tram (public transportation) stop nearby. The staff was polite, I even received AAdvantage miles for our stay!
Because we arrived late we did not have a chance to try the bar or the restaurant. I noticed some complaints regarding the A/C, we had no problem with the heater (in February).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a nice hotel. The lobby is modern with a earthly feel to it.
The staff is very polite and helpful without it being anoying. The room was clean an appealing. Again a modern feel. The bed and pillows were great. The bathroom facilities, top notch!
Breakfast was good, fresh products and the right amount.
Overall a great value hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel is nice inside, but very isolated. No walking to the local shops here.
Dont buy a drink from the bar here. After travelling for 6 weeks and paying hotel bar prices, the prices here are nothing short of blatent profiteering, €15.00 for a rum and coke!!!!!! Thats double other hotels, omg...

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cillawright
NolwennRoux, Responsable relations clients at Golden Tulip Lyon Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel.

We are so sorry to read that you were disappointed with our bar, especially because of the prices. We have transmitted your comment to our catering manager.

Our hotel is located in a quiet area, close to Lyon and to the airport. It is true that there are no local and typical shops there but only a mall. You can take the tramway T2 just in front of the hotel to reach the city centre. Here, you can find everything that makes Lyon so particular, especially food!
Our front office staff remains at your disposal for any further information.

Guest relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Priest
Part Dieu - Bir Hakeim
Radisson Blu Hotel, Lyon
Mama Shelter Lyon
#6 of 194 in Lyon

Been to Golden Tulip Lyon Eurexpo? Share your experiences!