All reviews industrial area cold buffet modern hotel one night great hotel top floor secure parking hotel restaurant gym airport motorway city lyon fridge taxi
Reviewed 8 June 2015

My Son and I were returning through France from Spain to the UK, we have stayed at this Hotel previously and generally choose this chain of hotels. The hotel facilities, staff courtesy, room standard were as you would expect from this category of hotel, however, the restaurant left something to be desired. The waiters were excellent, very attentive, spoke English and efficient, the menu was not impressive and having chosen the hot buffett choice we were surprised to see that there was no meal element, just fish, sausage in pastry and vegetables. Consquently we changed our option to the al a carte and chose the rib eye steak cooked medium rare. Both steaks were cooked perfectly and the flavour was good, however, one of the steaks was chewy, tough and hard work to eat, the other was perfect. Consequently the steak, other than to disect it to find a more palatable section was largely uneaten and when the waiter asked if there was a problem we informed him accordingly. When the bill came there was no mention of the poor quality of the steak and we were charged the full amount some 98euros for 2 of us. We did not take this up at the time as we were tired from our journey, however, the following day when we were travelling on our next leg of our journey we discussed it in the car and I said really we should have asked for a reduction in the meal cost as the steak was definitely not to standard. I will be taking this up with the Management and will report on the result. The issue is when you have been polite and un confrontational it appears you do not get re-dress, the meal should have been discounted without request as a matter of course as it was very evident that the steak was not entirely edible.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Kyriad.com - Louvre Hotels Group
1  Thank ValJohn7
Franck G, Gérant at Kyriad Prestige & Spa Lyon Est - Saint Priest Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear Sir,

We thanks you for your comment and we are please to see that you liked our hotel.
Concerning your problem on the restaurant, we are very sorry for that, and we checked with our Chief the day after.
We hope to see you again, then you can see that it was an anecdotic mistake.

Franck G. Director

Reviewed 2 December 2014

We very much enjoyed staying here on business along with 5 colleagues for a trade show at the nearby expo. We liked our rooms very much as well as the great buffet breakfast. We ate here for dinner on our first night and thought the restaurant was excellent as well. This hotel is a winner and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed 22 November 2014

I visited last week while my company participated at the expo. proximity to the expo is excellent.
the hotel itself is relatively new and rooms are modern and comfortable. personally I enjoyed the comfortable rooms and great shower. breakfast was reasonable.
only issue (which you must know in advance) that it is not close to anything... Lyon City center is half hour away (by car) at least. but if you come on business and especially if you go for an exposition at the expo - a great hotel to stay.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Franck G, Gérant at Kyriad Prestige & Spa Lyon Est - Saint Priest Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Dear customer,

We thank you for your comment and we are pleased to read that our stay was excellent.
We are not in the center of Lyon, nevertheless we are close from the airport and the highway from Paris, so it's a good position too for bussiness men.
When you will come back, don't hesitate to try our fitness room with sauna or our restaurant.

Franck G. Directeur

Reviewed 24 October 2014

Stayed for three nights on business. The hotel is halfway between the airport and Lyon downtown, and is located in the middle of an idustrial area. Not much to do or see nearby the hotel. The wi-fi was good, and so was the breakfast selection. Kettle and coffee/tea in the room. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Good AC. The hotel has a Gym, Sauna and a swimming pool. However, during my stay, the swimming pool was covered and out of use. The restaurant is very good (even the buffet dishes), and we ended up eating every night there. The only down side is that it opens only after 7 PM for dinner. The hotel provides shuttle to and back from the airport, free of cost. You need to book the shuttle well in advance, as it seemed to make only a limited number of trips every day. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

The wi-fi did not work on the rooms.
I did forgot my toothbrush and asked for one in the reception. I received one and I thought case closed. But, when I checked out I had to pay 8 euro for this. This made me upset. Either it should have been free or I should have received information about the cost.
The room and the breakfast was good.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mattias N
Franck G, Gérant at Kyriad Prestige & Spa Lyon Est - Saint Priest Eurexpo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your return. When I read your comment, I see that your stay was very pleasant.
Concerning the wifi, did you have some problem only in your room ? because we didn't have some message from our technical support.

Finally you have not apreciate that the kit was charged to you. I am sorry for thatt but these kits are not free.

We hope to welcom you again.

Franck G. Directeur