“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wingham
Twitham Court Farmhouse
Ranked #3 of 5 Wingham B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Wonderful warm welcome, owners absolutely happy to accommodate special needs - in our case a vegetarian breakfast and reduced mobility bedroom - breakfast really great and accommodation much appreciated. The room was clean, fresh and very comfortable. Would happily stay here again because it was relaxing, the surroundings lovely and the owners more than willing to welcome visitors into their home.

1 Thank hils r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The owner is so welcoming and open it makes you wonder how she can keep it up :-)
Good luck to her

2 Thank Paul R
Redruth
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We couldn't believe our luck when we discovered Twitham Court. From the moment we arrived, to our reluctant departure, nothing was too much trouble for Sally and Wahab. The Kent Tourist Board should appoint Sally as an ambassador. She did such a wonderful job promoting all the places to visit and providing us with her maps to find them, booking us into restaurants, that it took all the stress out of our short break. Her use of, and enthusiasm for, all things organic and vegetarian, fitted perfectly with our own beliefs and lifestyle, enabling us to totally relax in this beautiful place.
Without doubt, absolutely our best ever B & B experience, and this covers 45 years of trying!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was the second time I've visited Twitham Court Farmhouse. Its a real hidden gem, situated at the end of a long driveway is the fantasic old farmhouse set in beautiful grounds.
The room I stayed in was really excellent, comfortable, spotlessly clean and the bathroom is like something you'd find in a 5 star hotel. The hosts are so friendly and helpful, really a great family place.
I also have the mention the delicious eggs I had at breakfast, they have their own chickens and they are truely exceptional (no pun intented). I had forgotten what a real eggs should taste like!
The place is really handy for taking trips to France as its close to the tunnel, I'm already planning my next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed at Twitham Court for our wedding anniversary last year (sorry for the delay in posting our review!) and had a really lovely stay. Sally and her family were so welcoming and it was nice to stay somewhere so vegetarian friendly and what a fantastic breakfast! We hope to stay again one day.
Many thanks,
Jill, Darren and Alexander

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Myself and my boyfriend (now fiance!) stayed at Twitham on the weekend of 1st July 2011. The two of us had met at the University of Kent in Canterbury and previously visited this gorgeous B&B some years after our graduation in 2009 to return to the place where we met. Our stay then was as fabulous as our stay this July. The B&B is in the most rural and beautiful surroundings and only a short drive from Canterbury. The homemade breakfasts at Twitham are absolutely amazing and are clearly made with home grown products and lots of love and attention. We stayed in the annex part of the B&B which we had previously stayed in; we love this unique part of the B&B and the privacy and stylish comfort it provides.
However, without a doubt the best and most exceptional part of this B&B are the owners Sally and Wahab and their lovely family. Unbeknownst to me my now fiancé had been emailing Sally weeks before he proposed and she put everything in place to make it the most perfect weekend and one that I will never forget. My fiancé proposed in the gardens of Canterbury Cathedral which was really special and fitting given that we had graduated there years before. Upon our return to Twitham Sally and family had sprinkled heart shape confetti tastefully on the dresser in the Annex and had written us a lovely touching card and left a small vase of flowers hand-picked from the garden. In addition she had arranged for a bottle of Moet Champagne to be in our room upon our return and had also generously given us a bottle of delicious white wine from the local vineyard. The sun was out and the weather beautiful on the day of our engagement and we sat out in the wonderful gardens of Twitham B&B and sipped our champagne. It was just the two of us and despite other guests being around we felt we had our own little moment to share in beautiful surroundings. The most perfect thing about this moment was that Sally and Wahab allowed us to share this special day in their beautiful home and without intrusion or interruption but with the touching sentiments such as the card, champagne, wine and flowers, and all of their best wishes.
The other exceptional thing about this place is that it seems to attract the nicest of guests! During our stay we met a lovely couple who were by coincidence staying there in order to attend a nearby wedding and gave us some good and helpful tips for our married life ahead of us, and in addition on the day we were engaged and were sitting in the hammock in the garden another lovely lady approached us and congratulated us, I believe her and her friend were staying at the B&B. Overall this was the most amazing stay and so wonderfully and thoughtfully put together, and whilst my fiancé deserves lots of credit (!) Sally is truly amazing in how she put such a lovely touch to this weekend. The card and flowers in the room were so touching and I shall treasure this moment for the rest of my days and I will never forget how I felt on that day and how perfect it was made for us by Sally and Wahab. We were able to share such a perfect moment in lovely private surroundings, it really is such a lovely place to stay and I cannot recommend it highly enough. There is literally nothing I can fault and I am by no means bias in being in my newly engaged hysteria!! I'm a fussy thing and really a bit obsessive compulsive about cleanliness and standards and such and I cannot fault one aspect of this place, it’s beautiful, clean, private and all with a personal touch. I do not think you can fault this B&B, it’s truly marvellous and deserves all the fantastic reviews it receives, I have only noted one negative review on this whole site in relation to Twitham and I would advise those who take note of it to disregard it completely. Thanks again Sally and Family, we hope to revisit this wonderful place when we have tied the knot!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCD85
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed at Twitham Court Family with my partner and our 11-week old son during the May bank holiday. We normally love to stay in boutique hotels, but could not find one in the area that suited our needs now that we had a small baby. I came across Twitham Court Farmhouse on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try - and we could not have been more happy. The house is absolutely beautiful, a very high standard of accommodation, and Sally and her family are great hosts, as many other reviewers have pointed out. They made us feel so welcome, baby and all, and we were given excellent advice on what to do, where to go, baby-friendly places to eat and so on.
We will definitely want to stay here next time we're in the area, and I keep recommending it to family and friends. Just lovely!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wingham
The Dog at Wingham
Goss Hall Bed & Breakfast
The Black Pig
The Black Pig
#1 of 1 in Staple

Been to Twitham Court Farmhouse? Share your experiences!