“Beautiful house, relaxing day!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spa, Beauty a la Maison - CLOSED

The Spa, Beauty a la Maison
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful house, relaxing day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Came here with my mum for her birthday. Kim was very nice and very professional.
The house was lovely and so were the facilities.
Me and my mum had a lovely day here. Hopefully we will be able to return!

2 Thank Vicky K

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent and professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful place, tranquil and extremely pretty. Kim is very professional whilst being friendly and welcoming too. I have visited twice and will definitely go again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michelle1967_13
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“False information”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

There are many things that have disappointed me surrounding this establishment. They are as follows- I tried to secure my booking last year, I was told to call back as you were not taking reservations yet- fair enough. I called on the 2nd January I was told to call back in February as you were potentially selling your business. I did this and was happy to be able to book. I asked at the time about the deposit you informed me it was 'standard procedure' to pay 6 to 4 weeks before. I called 9 weeks before my booking and was set to pay however you then told me someone else was booked in on that day! You stated that I had requested the Friday and not the Saturday! So in truth it has nothing to do with the deposit you double booked the days and actually failed to show any remorse so please do not insinuate in your response to my friend that it was failure to pay the deposit on my part as you had penciled me in on the wrong day!

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Absent-in-AbuDhabi
kimberley m, Owner at The Spa, Beauty a la Maison, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
How many more people are you going to get to write negative reviews, that have never visited the spa, or even had a booking? The bride to be left a review which I responded to. I think now you are trying to make me a scape goat as you did not pay the deposit which books the date! I did not have you booked in for the Friday by mistake, I did not have you booked in at all, as the deposit had not been paid. Most Spas require full payment before they accept a booking.
London, United Kingdom
“5 STAR OASIS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband ( to be ) booked myself,both mum's and three bridesmaids for a day spa. we arrived at this stunning Georgian house to be greeted by Kimberley ( owner and beautician) as we were handed Buck's Fizz and nibbles Kimberley showed us around her wonderful spa and secluded grounds. My husband (to be ) had spoken to Kimberley and explained the variation of treatment we might like. First we relaxed in the hot tub of course with a top up such peaceful surroundings, then we took it in turns for numerous treatments ranging from hot stone massage to truly wonderful facials the mums had the aroma therapy massages. Lunch was superb the impression we all got was that nothing was to much we never had to ask for anything Kimberley was always one step ahead of us. I have a birthday in May and have already booked with three friends (pool this time) .None of us have ever been to a spa where it is exclusive yes just ours for the day. No doubt in our minds a real oasis 5 STAR plus. Thank you for an unforgettable day with friends and family Kimberley cannot wait for May.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“DO NOT BOOK BRIDES TO BE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I had booked my Spa Day for the 15th June 2013 for my Hen do with 10 girls. I contacted Kim in 2012 but was told it was too early to book. My maid of honor called back in Jan 2013 when the dairy opened for bookings for 2013 and booked us in for 15 th June 2013. The owner said they were looking to sell the property but ensured us that our spa day would still be valid so phone up 4 months before just to confirm etc. I myself called Kim and she said it was definitely all booked in and could pay deposits when my maid of honour was back but rest assured it was all confirmed. My maid of honor who is back in the UK for a week called to confirm details but Kim said she has another party booked in for the 15 th June and we were booked in for the Friday. Myself and Maid of honor have spoke to Kim several times and we would have never have booked the spa day on the Friday as we all work!!! Not only 9 weeks before has she made a mistake on the booking but she did not show any remorse or regret for her mistake and made out that we had both got the date wrong!!! We are now having to book a spa day after sending all the details out to friends etc somewhere else due to the owners incompetence and rudeness. I would advise not booking this as a spa day.....you can get an amazing package at somewhere like Eastwell manor or wallets court where you will receive a PROFESSIONAL assistance.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank 367QandM
kimberley m, Owner at The Spa, Beauty a la Maison, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
On this occasion the deposit that actually secures the booking was not paid by the agreed time, hence there was no confirmation of the booking. I get a lot of enquires regarding dates available, but a booking is only confirmed once the deposit has been paid. This is standard practice when booking a spa day.