“Awesome value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muri
Dorothy's Muri Beach Bungalows
Ranked #12 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Muri
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I moved to Dorothy's after spending a couple of days at a resort on the other side of the Island. Muri is so much more fun and Dorothy's is great value right in the centre with at least 5 restaurants in easy walking distance. The beach is so close and being able to self cater was a bonus as well. Ivor is so kind and accommodating and the bungalows are clean and cosy. Would highly recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank MichelleWaiheke

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We had 8 fabulous nights at Dorothy's and didn't want to leave. Unit was absolutely spotless. Ivor and Dorothy are great hosts even leaving fruit and water in the fridge for our arrival. The beach is about 30m from the unit and whilst it does not have seaviews (a bonus on a windy day) the outlook is still very attractive and the grounds are well manicured with outdoor settings for each unit. Lots of places to eat handy but we used the BBQ most nights. Loved it and can't wait to go back - would definitely stay at Dorothy's again. Would recommend the two bedroom unit to those with small children as it has a larger self contained outdoor area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki_Rhys
Reviewed 1 August 2012

What great 10 nights.Dorothys is well located,1 minute stroll to Muri lagoon,2 minutes to Bus or Vehicle hire and a number of nice restaurants within a 5 minute walk.The units are comfortable,well appointed,clean and modern.Ivor and Dorothy are lovely people and great hosts.
This was our second holiday in Raro,our first stay at Dorothy's and we are looking forward to our return in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomChristchurchNZ
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed here in 2011, I went to Raotonga by myself (single female) and found the location fantastic(Muri Beach is my favourite spot on the island),close to everything that I could need(but still felt 'private'), safe and secure, with tidy, comfortable accomodation. Would recommend to friends and would also stay here again.

Room Tip: The roosters were the only dowside to the quality of sleep, but you'll get this in all the islan...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My partner and I spent a memorable week here in April 2012.

The accommodation was excellent value, in a great location and was modern, clean and tidy.

Would definately recommend and hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben I
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 9 nights while attending a wedding that was held at pacific resort. The location and positive reviews made it an easy choice for accomodation. It is in muri which is the nicest area of rarotonga and is between pacific resort and sails restaurant, right in the heart of muri. Everything you need is nearby or a short scooter ride away. Ivor the host welcomed us with a bowl of fresh fruit in the room. We had a great stay and would highly recommend this accomodation. Fantastic location and very good value for money. We didn't have air conditioning as we didn't want to pay the extra for it and this was the only flaw as it made sleeping hard cause we were to damn hot so get air conditioning (don't make the same mistake we did), its worth it in warm raro season! Thanks Ivor!!

Room Tip: We were in bungalow 2 and it was a nice private one, we had some chicken friends in the backyard too...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank renee t
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here the night before my wedding with my 3 children, quality time. Took them to breakfast the next morning on the beach and then stayed here two more nights with my new husband Wiremu. We stayed in the 2 bedroom bungalow. New feeling, modern, washing machine, dryer, own private back area with loungers. Outside shower, path to Muri Beach.

We loved it so much we are returning in Jan for our Honeymoon.

Hosts are great and helpful and gave us excellent discount and wonderful communication considering time difference.

Really is a dream bungalow for us near the beach.

Room Tip: Bring own goggles and snorkles OR hire on beach.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family