Te Vakaroa is a fantastic property. However, it is locked by bar codes from each access. We arrived at 1.20 pm and kept calling the reception to come and open the main door. My partner ( after 20 mint) managed to get the code of 'someone' . On entering the property and complaining for having to wait, the manager Poka was a little sorry...... She had taken a break to have lunch!!!! .
She then very non apologetically informed us that our room was used by the guest ( she had extended there stay to late check out) . She will put us in a temporary room for 4 hours ( while we wait).
The only way one could have spend the time there was to watch some TV ( as felt very unsettled still unable to unpack), but the remote woldn't work!! When informed Poka about it, she send another man in...... They have instructions on how to use the remote, but since the electrician had changed the system recently, the instruction were wrong and the remotes didn't have a battery.
Boring breakfast everyday( croissant, tinned fruit and banana).
Last day asked Poka to confirm our booking with Raro travels for airport drop off for departure( put the prebooked voucher in front of her). Who turns up at pick up is another taxi service ( who wanted to be payed).......we told him to claim it off the villa as it's their fault and we had had enough.
Word to the owner, nick, if you want to run these beautifull villas successfully, please put a professional person on the front desk and may be get rid off the locked doors everywhere( one comes to Raro to be out in open , not o be in a prison)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new property offers six beachfront villas that face Muri Lagoon. 3 x 1 Brm Villas at the ground level and 3 x 2 Brm Villas at the 1st level each with views across the pool to the beach and lagoon. All villas are highly appointed, with large terraces, full kitchens complete with dishwashers, microwaves, frig/freezers, DVDs, surround cinema with flat screen TVs, satellite TV reception. Blue Tooth connectivity to in room speakers,and WiFi internet connections. Each Villa has its own laundry. A freshwater pool, spa and large daybed are located right above the beach. Welcome fruit platter provided on arrival and complimentary tropical breakfasts delivered to your villa daily, with room service available from the adjoining restaurant. Private car meet/greet and airport transfers $ 20 per person each way are recommended given our property is only manned between 8.30am and 4.30pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Te Vakaroa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Te Vakaroa Villas Hotel Muri
- Te Vakaroa Villas Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands