The villa and surrounds are beautiful, and we really did love our time spent in the cook islands. However, after seeing such fantastic reviews on trip advisor, we were very disappointed with the staff at this 5 star resort. The maids and ground crew were lovely and working hard. However, the receptionist was very unwelcoming and seemed rather bitter. A lack of customer service and professionalism is my main complaint. On 2 occasions, the receptionist failed to acknowledge us and say hello. We are very easy going travellers and often do not complain. But when you approach a desk and there is no one else waiting, it is very rude for the attendent to continue to giggle and chuckle while reading something on her computer that is directly below you. My husband and i stood there for more than a minute (she knew we were there) waiting for an acknowledgement yet she did not even look up until we said a very cheerful "hello!! we are just hoping to check out!". We received the same response when we returned a couple hours later to collect our luggage. this time we were met with complete silence while my husband got our luggage out of the office and she only spoke when we asked her, "Our airport transfer is coming at 2?" To which she responded yes. 10 minutes later at 2:10, we went back into the office to see where the hotel transfer was and she decided to inform us then, "oh, your pick up is at 2:30". This was after standing for 10 minutes in the pouring rain. Very disappointing and rather rude considering this is a 5 star villa.
Our other complaint was also related to customer service (or lack thereof), this time on behalf of the owner. Part of the reason why we chose to stay here was my love of a hot tub on holidays. When we lifted the cover and saw the hot tub completely drained, the owner who was standing nearby said something to the effect "oh, thats an interesting story". We told him ok, we'll go in the pool to which he replied "good luck, it's always freezing". Any other resort we have stayed in would have been extremely apologetic about this especially in a highly recommended hotel (and especially for the cost of accomodation). An apology or an offer of free wifi due to the inconvenience would have been greatly appreciated.
In this day of trip advisor and internet ratings, you cannot afford to have poor customer service. You cannot rely on the beauty of your hotel rooms and location alone to be considered a luxury retreat. I feel these staff members have become too complacent. Everyone we encountered during our 2 week stay in the cook islands was otherwise friendly and welcoming. You either need to take a holiday yourselves or take a lesson from your fellow cook islanders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new property offers six beachfront villas that face Muri Lagoon. 3 x 1 Brm Villas at the ground level and 3 x 2 Brm Villas at the 1st level each with views across the pool to the beach and lagoon. All villas are highly appointed, with large terraces, full kitchens complete with dishwashers, microwaves, frig/freezers, DVDs, surround cinema with flat screen TVs, satellite TV reception. Blue Tooth connectivity to in room speakers,and WiFi internet connections. Each Villa has its own laundry. A freshwater pool, spa and large daybed are located right above the beach. Welcome fruit platter provided on arrival and complimentary tropical breakfasts delivered to your villa daily, with room service available from the adjoining restaurant. Private car meet/greet and airport transfers $ 20 per person each way are recommended given our property is only manned between 8.30am and 4.30pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Te Vakaroa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Te Vakaroa Villas Hotel Muri
- Te Vakaroa Villas Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands