“SO MUCH FUN”

Half-Day Muri Lagoon BBQ Lunch Cruise including Snorkeling
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Muri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join the crew of the famous Captain Tama's Lagoon Cruizes on our glass bottom boats for a memorable fun day you will never forget.We provide snorkelling, BBQ lunch, Cook Islands humour, fun and our friendly entertaining guides will leave you with a lasting impression of our Cook Islands people and a smile to put on your face. Can't snorkel? we'll teach you, or view the fish from the comfort of our glass bottom boats.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This tour was booked without me knowing on the 1st morning of our stay but I turned up as instructed by family and went along for the bus ride, and was pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff and atmosphere, When I got on the boat, I thought I'd just stay on the boat while the others went snorkeling. But once everyone was in I felt kind left out so donned a snorkel and flippers and jumped in. OMGosh It was so much fun!! the tour guides are awesome :-) they put on an amazing lunch and show and we had a fabulous start to our holiday. I'd do it again in a heart beat :-)

Hamilton, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth every cent!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were picked up in an air conditioned (Raro tours) van on time. The driver was a nice guy. Don't be surprised by the silence; I found that most of the locals were quite "relaxed" which helps you to wind down. The base where we met up with the Captain Tama crew was in one of the Island's prime spots (Muri beach). The crew were playing Island style music on Ukulele and Island drums - even remade some well known songs such as "Under the Board walk". They were totally different to the drivers - bubbly, talkative, humorous, etc. After a while; they took us on the glass bottom boats to an awesome snorkelling spot. The crew were very entertaining and funny. The snorkelling spot was awesome - clams, star fish, moray eels, many other fish swimming within arms reach. They had all the gear you needed for snorkelling. Then they took us to one of the motus (islets) directly in front of Muri beach for lunch, coconut tree climbing demonstration and Pareu (sarong) tying demonstration. There was also a lady on the motu giving massages at a reasonable cost ($25).
I was warned that the boys get a bit friendly with the female tourists but honestly I didn't find it that bad. They could have flirted with my wife and I wouldn't have cared. Let's just say that it's not a tour to go on if you're an insecure man lol. It was enjoyable for my wife, 3 yr old son and myself. I would do it again for sure. They also drop you back of to your pick up spot which is cool.

1 Thank ShanMarsters
Blenheim, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Recommend”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had great fun with the boys of Captain Tama- especially Captain Trouble- he was very good. Lunch was good and the coconut tree climbing was great. Had a massge on the beach- excellent day. Thanks

Visited August 2014
airlie beach
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Words can't describe!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I went out on Captain Tama's for a hens afternoon and absolutely loved it. With our entertaining crew, Captain Awesome, Tumu and the Master of Disaster, we couldn't have asked for better! Snorkelling, lunch, coconut show, the music...Love love love. I would do this trip everyday if I could. Quality!!!

Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great entertainment”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fun few hours of entertainment, snorkeling, food and culture. Would definitely recommend this trip. Be ready to have the "mickey" taken out of you, which makes it even more fun/funny.