“It's like a big Hug!”

Ranked #14 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Muri
Queenstown
“It's like a big Hug!”
Reviewed 21 March 2010

For me Muri Heights VIllas offered all the things I had hoped and dreamed of when I had clicked through numerous websites reccomended by friends & family. It was close to shops, cafe, internet acess and beaches, as well as being a self-contained house with excellent cooking facilities.
In addition, I found Mii & Willy to be flexible, kind, helpful & generous - To the point that when I took a liking to fresh coconut juice, Willy collected the coconuts for me, husked them, and then bought them back and showed me how to open them.
I stayed a week, and found the house to have everything I could need to kick back and relax, but also had the capacity to entertain visitors, which I did. The large deck overlooking the coconut & banana palms is an amazing spot to stay cool in the heat of the day, whilst still being able to observe the weather and wildlife.
The locals I met had very high estimations of Mii & Willy and their family, and described them as being active, successful members of the Community. I heard whispers of their daughter being a beauty queen, but they themselves were too modest to confirm this when quizzed.
All in all, I was impressed by the value for money the Villa had to offer, but most of all I loved the people. Mii & Willy were lovely, and so too were the people I came into contact at the nearby Deli-Licious cafe where they serve a great Cappucino. I loved the beaches, the wild fruit, the flowers, the random chickens and dogs, but what I would come back for more than anything, is the people. The people of Raro are beautiful, and this was definately the case at Muri Heights Villas.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Muri Heights Villa was home away from home for us.

We miss waking up to fresh paw paw for breakfast while relaxing on the large deck, enjoying the cool breeze, drinking chilled coconut and reading a good book and listening to the Island music on the radio.

We miss our daily stroll to Muri beach for a snorkel & a swim & eating ice-cream on the way back.

We miss our little red convertible car which took us all around the Island each day. (We hired the car for $40 per day from "Island Car and Bike Rental" from down the road)

The Westpac ATM machine was also down the road by the corner shop, restaurants & shops. Everything you need is only a 2 - 5 min stroll away.

We went to the local Church one Sunday and were invited to a beautiful lunch afterward. We got to meet other tourists from around the world (Germany, NZ, Australia, England).

Muri Height's Villa is very beautiful & clean and has a nice indoor / outdoor flow.
The cupboard is full of bath towels, beach towels, clean sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers, etc.
There is a large BBQ outside and a large washing machine and tub.
There are several coral shoes (kids to adult sizes), snorkel gears and flippers.
The kitchen has everything you need to cook or bake with.
We mainly used the micro-wave, and the blender for making fruit smoothie drinks.
The water pressure from the shower is very strong and is also heated if required.
Muri Heights Villa is away from the traffic and is very quiet, peaceful & safe.

Mi'i and Willie kindly supplied us with fresh paw paw for the whole of our stay (10 nights).
Mi'i and Willie are fantastic hosts and they made us feel welcome and at home.

This was the most relaxing holiday we have ever taken and we highly recommend Muri Heights Villa to anyone - whether single or with a family.

We are definitely going back again !!!

Thanks Mi'i & Willie for everything :-))

Love from Ema, Nick and Valerie.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2010

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Muri Heights Villa, it was the best place to spend our holiday on the beautiful Island of Rarotonga, the beach and shops were just a 3-4minute stroll down the drive! We had wonderful bbq dinners every night on the large beautiful deck! I would recommend this holiday villa to anyone wanting to go to Rarotonga for a holiday!! Thank you Mi'i and Willie for your wonderful hospitality!:):)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I was so impressed with my stay at Muri Heights Villas that I was inspired to review it on this site. The villa offers much space and all the comforts of home at a very reasonable price. When I arrive there was fresh fruit and flowers set out and Mii was a gracious hostess. I felt like I met a new friend.
I must admit I preferred the villa's location because it is off the beach where many resorts exist. I loved lounging on the amazing deck with the view of the mountains, palm trees, rice paddies and noni groves. It was very private, peaceful and relaxing. Better yet I simply had to walk 5 minutes down to the villa's own private beach where warm turquoise waters and fantastic snorkeling awaited. The area also offers great restaurants, nightlife and shopping for when you fancy something more social. There is also a rental place wear you can easily rent a bike or car for touring the rest of the island. I couldn't have asked for more. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aroomofherown
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We were pleasently surprised wen we arrived at Muri Heights, the house was clean and beautiful, the deck was amazing, huge, perfect for bbq's, drinking, reading and best for lounging in the sun on the chairs. Mii was a perfect host and was very helpful and friendly. A very short walk to the beautiful beach of Muri which was great for swimming, also a few minutes walk to some great restaurants and bars.
We will be back to stay here in the future and would highly recommend this place to stay on your next trip to Rarotonga!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We were amazed when we first arrived at the size of the apartment and in particular the deck which doubled the floor space! Mii made us feel so welcome and helped to make our trip memorable for all the right reasons. We had a very relaxed time reading on the huge comfy sofas and bbq-ing in the evening on the deck under the stars.
The beach was only a short stroll away and Muri is definitely a fantastic location. We also hired a scooter to get around the island from the bike shop at the bottom of the road. All in all, we loved Muri Heights and would definitely recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple