“Very Informative!”

US$81.49*
Spectacular Over Water Night Show with Buffet Dinner at Muri Beach
US$96.44*
and up
Cook Islands Cultural Village Tour with Night Show and Buffet Dinner in...
US$36.63*
Cook Islands Cultural Village Tour at Muri Beach
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Muri
More attraction details
Owner description: Te Vara Nui Village is the Cultural Centre of the Cook Islands offering 3 amazing products: a 2.5 hour VILLAGE TOUR offering a full authentic journey into our past, a Stunning Over-Water Night Show and first class Island/Western fusion buffet dinning experience on floating and fixed stages set in botanical gardens surrounded by rock gardens and waterfalls, and our COMBO PACKAGE offering both Village Tour and Over-Water Night Show and Buffet dinner in one night. Your ultimate cultural experience not to be missed!!!!
Melbourne, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Very Informative!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Did this the night of Tue Mar 25, Decided to pay the extra and do the combo village tour...Well worth it.

Got picked up from my accommodation at 4:20pm and bused to Muri to the village, After being led into the restaurant and confirming our tickets and being encouraged to buy a cool drink at the bar the tour started at just after 5pm.

George our guide took us from hut to hut explaining the culture and demonstrating some of the instruments, Some unsuspecting fellow tourists (fortunately not me!) pulled up on stage to give demonstrations and after 2 hours we were led toward the restaurant....Now I must admit when I heard cultural dinner I half expected a luau type situation where we would all be on the beach with a pig cooking in the sand.....This isn't this scenario so maybe the other company does that. it turned out to be a full theatre restaurant with international buffet and throughout the night as we were entertained dancers would come by and pluck people out of their chairs to dance (Fortunately again I wasn't picked!)

Food was good especially the traditional fish and all the staff were super friendly!

Met some lovely people from South Africa, UK, Germany, NZ etc

My only slight gripe apart from the fact drinks are not included is for those of us going back to our resorts by bus were told we only had 10 mins to pick and eat dessert and pay our tabs in a huge line or they would leave without us....Maybe give people a little more leeway! Night ended around 10pm

Would go again if I was ever back

Visited March 2014

Melbourne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Night filled with fun and knowledge”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a great night, we paid the extra $10 to do the village tour and be picked up. I was skeptical at first as I have done this type of thing before and been disappointed. How wrong could I be this time. The village tour with George was brilliant, I learnt things about the history of not only the Cook Islands but the whole Polynesian migration across the pacific. The show and meal were great and the performers really get into what they do. I recommend this night to anyone who wants to go along and enjoy a nice entertaining and informative evening.

New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome !!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Just do it. !!! Don't thing about it just book it...food fabulous, Nan warm loving and an inspiration, staff fabulous....can't say enough good things about everyone here

1 Thank Kiwibrit_9
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good nice show, great food but a bit crowded”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I did the night show-buffet, the food was extremely good, with plenty of choices avalaible (even for vegetarians).

The dinner is very organised, they call you to take the entree and mains first and just a bit before the end of the show you are called to take your dessert. It is too organised for me, I wish we can just go and take the food whenever we wanted but I guess it is too crowded for that

The tables are crowded too, so you are seated next to other people, which is not comfortable at all when you want to serve yourself in the buffet.

Strongly recommend to take the seats close to the "lagoon" where you can better see the show, otherwise if you are seated close to the buffet you just can´t see anything and will miss the show!

The pick-up and drop-off are well organised, and overall it is a good experience, they could offer cheaper prices though considering that there is a lot of people there and drinks are not included (even the water!)

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A must-do”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Absolutely amazing, definitely the best island night to go to. The food was delicious and the show itself was spectacular, it is well worth doing if you are considering going to one of the island nights. I was not expecting it at all to be as great as it was and I would definitely recommend doing it. The cultural tour you can do before hand is quite interesting, was a bit boring to start with but then improved, but I think it helps you get seats closer to the water for viewing the show.