Our agent booked a package, which put us in a garden room. We did ask if we could upgrade to a beach villa but they were full at the time of our visit. Allthough the grounds were very nice and we overlooked the pool, the unit was tired looking with a rusty upright fan in the lounge kitchen, a very worn looking fridge, a rusty toaster and overhead lights which did not work. As there was no ceiling fan in the lounge kitchen and the garden units did not get a sea breeze it was very hot. We just felt that the whole complex needed a maintenance boost and money spending. The garden rooms needed a repaint inside, a refresh. In saying this, we did have a very pleasant and relaxing stay and enjoying the beautiful turquoise water which was crystal clear closer to the island and biking to the many wonderful beaches.
Our favourite restaurants were the Flame Tree, The Waterline, Sails and Trader Jacks for a fish meal, also visiting Maire Nui Gardens for lunch (a delightful couple run it), Salttwater cafe for toasted sandwiches or seafood Pad Thai with a cold beer, the cafe opposite the airport ,Jireh, had great food , well priced and obliging staff (try their freshly baked coconut/pineapple and lemon/poppy seed muffins), and the Cafe in the Beachcomber Gallery with Neil's special brew coffee - a lovely cappuccino, the local paper and latest magazines for a good browse. Did not visit the Tamarind or the Windjammer restaurants this time, but they have a great reputation.
Will return to Rarotonga having visited many times, Kia orana ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muri Beachcomber is a small, intimate property in prime position on the shores of beautiful Muri Lagoon - 22 units ensuring a truly relaxing holiday atmosphere. Our stylish rooms offer separate air-conditioned bedrooms, spacious living/dining area, well-equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Perfect for long stays. The Seaview Units and Watergarden Villas are ideal for couples seeking a peaceful retreat, the poolside Garden Units are wonderful for families seeking quality time together. Facilities include a swimming pool, barbecues, wifi plus guest computer, petanque court, guest laundry, tour desk, snorkeling equipment, kayaks, paddle boards, bicycle hire and guest lounge. Shops, pharmacy, hairdresser, cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance. Offering a moderately priced, quality experience in a prime location. Includes Airport Transfers, Free use of kayaks, paddle boards, BBQ's and snorkeling equipment, Fruit Basket on arrival, Daily Breakfast pack, Tea, coffee and sugar supplied daily plus Free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Muri Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muri Beachcomber Hotel Muri
- Muri Beachcomber Rarotonga, Cook Islands