We have stayed at the Muri Beachcomber three times now. It really is a great place to stay and Muri Beach I think, is the best location on the island. It's location with the relatively calm lagoon makes it a great place for sailing, paddle boarding and kayaking and its a short trip across the lagoon for some exploring. Across the road from the Beachcomber is a car/scooter rental company (and another one is located about a 2 minute walk down the road as well), there is a relatively new bakery nearby (another 3-4 minute walk) and about a 25 minute scooter ride into town. Next to the Beachcomber is Sails, a popular wedding reception venue and only a few minutes stumbling distance back to the Beachcomber. The staff at the Beachcomber are all welcoming and helpful. Our room, a seaview villa, was right next to the beach. It was spacious and comfortable and we could even pick up the WiFi signal, although the internet can be on island time occasionally. There are free paddle boards and kayaks, along with a resort pool if you don't feel the urge to go to the lagoon. The Beachcomber really is a fantastic place for a holiday and has the best beach to go with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muri Beachcomber is a small, intimate property in prime position on the shores of beautiful Muri Lagoon - 22 units ensuring a truly relaxing holiday atmosphere. Our stylish rooms offer separate air-conditioned bedrooms, spacious living/dining area, well-equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Perfect for long stays. The Seaview Units and Watergarden Villas are ideal for couples seeking a peaceful retreat, the poolside Garden Units are wonderful for families seeking quality time together. Facilities include a swimming pool, barbecues, wifi plus guest computer, petanque court, guest laundry, tour desk, snorkeling equipment, kayaks, paddle boards, bicycle hire and guest lounge. Shops, pharmacy, hairdresser, cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance. Offering a moderately priced, quality experience in a prime location. Includes Airport Transfers, Free use of kayaks, paddle boards, BBQ's and snorkeling equipment, Fruit Basket on arrival, Daily Breakfast pack, Tea, coffee and sugar supplied daily plus Free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Ebookers so you can book your Muri Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muri Beachcomber Hotel Muri
- Muri Beachcomber Rarotonga, Cook Islands