We booked a studio room (24) which turned out to be quite a large room, double bed (thin sheets), Modern Sony TV (only analogue stations/a few/poor quality) no DVD player attached nor Library at reception (why not?), MW/Toaster/Kettle sink/fridge only aka typical NZ arrangement, small bathroom(only shower), basin no plug!, plenty of hot water, thin towels. The room had a balcony which looked out into the nice gardens and was a few steps from both the reception and the beach front. So spec wise average rating but sadly also the room felt all a bit dated and tired. It never felt great to go back to. Looking around the estate there are other units that look a bit more contemporary and fresh, which we understood to have been refurbished a while back- however these come at a significantly higher price.
Breakfeast was also very basic with a limited choice as far as the standard buffet went, ok you could pay extra for a decent coffee or a cooked add on dish but it meant you didn't feel spoilt.
However we had a lunch and a couple of dinners at their Barefoot Restaurant on the beach and will say they were all very good quality and good value and the service from Billie and her staff was great..
Beach wise they have dedicated loungers and large bean bags for exclusive guest use but (as for all R. beach side) the beach is accessible to all so depending on your attitude this is either good or bad/ interesting to people watch +dogs/no privacy from onllookerrs and not so quiet.
The view of the islands from the hotel beach is attractive with the sight and sound of the waves crashing over the lagoon edge in the distance, and the water is so safe as it hardly comes above your waist for much of the distance.
Do check out the hotel web site as we did get a good package deal in staying 5nights.
We did enjoy our stay, the staff were all friendly and helpful. Regretfully the standard of rooms/resort quality and value for money does not compare well with the resorts in many of the Asian countries which can also offer the Hot sandy beaches/warm seas and humid inland countryside package/experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique … Pacific Resort Rarotonga, superbly situated on 5.5 acres of manicured beachfront, our 4-star full service authentic boutique resort, offering an intimate collection of just 64 rooms, suites and villas. Each room is tastefully decorated in a contemporary Polynesian style overlooking either the flourishing tropical gardens or the gorgeous white sands of Muri Beach and lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands