We enjoyed a really relaxing break here in late Nov/early December. The weather was generally nice with the occasional burst of rain to cool things down although we got a quick reminder how easily sunburn can occur even on an overcast day !
This was our first time at Pacific Resort Rarotonga and we found that it was a perfect location to base ourselves for the duration of our stay. Muri lagoon provided a really nice environment for windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking and swimming; the Fruits of Rarotonga just around the corner is a brilliant spot also for viewing the fish life when snorkeling; the resort grounds and gardens were very clean and tidy; the service from the resort staff was excellent - attentive but not intrusive; rental cars could be hired at Reception; the dive company we went with picked us up from the hotel foyer; there were small convenience stores, petrol stations and souvenir shops close by for the all the small incidental items.
Our accommodation was in a Garden Villa for a couple of nights, it was very clean and nicely appointed throughout, and also close to all the resort amenities and the lagoon - very comfortable and quiet overall. The balance of our stay was in a Lagoon Villa which was incredibly spacious, very comfortable, equally well appointed and in close proximity to the beach, restaurants, bar and all the water toys at the Beach Hut.
The island breakfast buffet provided an appealing and varied selection of fresh fruits, cold cuts and breads each day. Although we did check out a few other restaurants during our stay but we most enjoyed dining at Pacific Resort on the beach under the marquee at night - the ambience was delightful, the menu options appetising and filling and the service was a much higher standard than we experienced elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique….Rarotonga’s leading full-service authentic boutique resort is nestled discreetly in one of the world’s most spellbinding spots. Stretching one kilometre along the south-eastern coast of Rarotonga, Muri beach is laden with glorious white sand, fringed by palm trees and lapped by the gentle waters of a shallow, safe lagoon. This boutique resort offers a perfect blend of modern comforts and traditional island hospitality. A place where simple, lazy days meet luxurious evenings. And where the friendly, gracious staff meet your every request. Dining at the resort is a fine experience. Be tempted by succulent fresh seafood, Pacific and international dishes, or be summoned by beating drums to an authentic Cook Islands feast.No matter how you choose to fill your days and nights at this breathtakingly beautiful place that is Pacific Resort Rarotonga, one thing is certain. You’ll leave feeling rested, restored and renewed. And above all, determined to return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands