We have just returned from 11 nights at Vara's and had a great stay in the most beautiful location with amazing sunrise views and motu (islands) that you can walk, swim or kayak to in a few minutes. Vara's is a very relaxed place with a variety of accommodation to suit every budget (my partner said if they were any more relaxed they would grind to a halt). We were met at the airport on arrival at 1.00am and taken to Vara's by the lovely Lily with a running commentary on the way. We had chosen a Beach Studio which meant we had our own bathroom & kitchen facilities. The beach studios are relatively private and well appointed for the price of $120 per night. The only negative comments we would make are we had to ask repeatedly for clean towels and for the bathroom to be cleaned a couple of times but it was only a matter of asking & it was done. The advertised "Laundry" was tub only for use by guests. Everything else was sent away for laundering so we found the laundry along the road about 1km towards town & took it there ourselves, cheaper. There are great restaurants & the best bistro with great cheap steaks $11 & kebabs $8 nearby. The bus goes past twice an hour. Motor scooters for hire on site are really cheap. All in all a great stay in a great place. Staff were all so friendly & helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vara’s Beach is the only budget accommodation set right on beautiful Muri Beach, the most popular and prime beach on Rarotonga. Famous for its perfect white beaches and small islands called “motus” that you can swim, kayak or walk out to. We offer budget style accommodation with lovely fully self-contained Beach Studios, Ensuite as well asTriple/double/single and Dorm rooms. Vara’s Beach is situated on the Eastern side of Rarotonga only 15 minutes drive from main town Avarua, with bus stop, bike rental, souvenir shop and a pharmacy at entrance. koka Lagoon Cruise is located on the property and offers the best Lagoon Curise on the island. Absolutely convenient to everything with bars, dive centers, sailing club, and much more only minutes stroll. Vara's Beach is the place for those looking for fun and excitement, or for those just wanting to relax and unwind and get away from it all. Meet and mingle with our friendly staff and make new friends... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Vara's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vara`s Beach House Hotel Muri
- Vara's Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands