“Lovely relaxing retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muri
Muri Beach Hideaway
Ranked #7 of 17 Speciality Lodging in Muri
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Lovely relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This trip was a 50 th birthday present from my husband. It was definately a relaxing retreat for us. I loved the self contained bungalow, we could see the sea and it had everything we needed. The tv didn't work but that did not matter to us, we were out swimming and snorkelling and travelling around on our hired scooter. Vina was the most amazing host and although at one point she had not slept for 2 days, she was as jovial as ever. Everything was close by( scooter hire, cafes, deli) and the free Kayaks and snorkelling gear was a bonus. Muri beach is a beautiful lagoon and I would definately reccommend this hidden gem.

• Stayed June 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2012

There are a lot of other, larger places to stay on Muri, but I chose this one because it looked a bit more private. And I was not disappointed... the units are *massive*, amazingly clean, stylish with a modern feel, and huge covered deck areas. I haven't stayed anywhere else on Muri but I don't think I would. I had the beachfront unit, right next the beach and the pool (but they all kind of are).

My flight got in at the normal 1am, the driver greeted me with keys and a note telling me where the unit was. When we actually got there though, Vina was still up and showed me to the unit and made sure I had everything I needed... it must've been 1:30 by that point. She's awesome!! Helped me out with laundry, told me about the Cooks in general and was super, super friendly. Definitely made my stay as a solo traveler much more enjoyable.

And... of course, the location is great. Bike/Scooter hire across the road, awesome artisan shops minutes down the road, and the big resort activities are right there too if you want them. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms here are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank akevan
nz
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at one of their retreat cottages. We were quite happy with it. It is a little far fromthe beach, but then again, nothing is really far from the beach in Raro. I would rate the cleanliness (by my standard) an 9/10 as one ceiling fan in the master's bedroom was so dirty we did not dare use it for fear the dirt would fall on us! and it was obvious no one cleaned under the sofa in the lounge. The cottage was very roomy! A lot more then expected. Superbly set up kitchen with all the trimmings and a normal size fridge. If one uses this cottage, one must rent a means of transport which completes the stay. We rented a motorcycle and enjoyed our stay tremendiously! We would certainly recommend this hideaway which also comes with a very excellent service from the manager!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Turangi, Southern Lake Taupo
Reviewed 23 June 2012

If you are looking for a real cook island experience book Muribeach hideaway. There are 5 bungalows which are located right on Muribeach, minutes away from espresso coffee, a wonderful bakery, a convenience store and best of all seconds away from Muri beach lagoon.The bungalows are surrounded by the most amazing garden, from bananas hanging from the tree's and passion fruits hanging from the vine, I couldn't be happier with our accommodation. We were in Raro for a wedding, after visiting friends in various accommodations I must say I was quietly stoked with our accommodation. Peace, tranquility with all the amenities what else can I say. Thank you to Vina for your hospitality, we had the best time, and will remember this holiday for ever. We plan to be back on your beautiful island soon! Kia Orana!

Room Tip: The Lotus Bungalows were very private !
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank raftingnewzealand
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here in early March 2012 as celebration for my husband's birthday, had the bungalow right on the beach, fully self contained, small kitchen which had everything we needed, bathroom was clean and well kept. Bed very comfortable, very quiet in the evenings, lovely beach just few steps away, water looked like the photos, beautiful shade of blue, shallow enough to wade and snorkel, all equipment available, even kayaks which we tried. Easy walk along the beach to restaurants, and also along main road - two minutes walk to small general store/petrol pumps, and other direction two minutes to car hire, etc. The sky at night was so beautiful, no light pollution so we could even see the southern cross - something we wont forget. Vina is the best, nothing too much trouble, lots of advice, where to go and what to see, and we had a fantastic home cooked meal with them one evening along with other guests. Very good place for lunch is the Saltwater Cafe, about 15 minutes drive from Muri Beach, also must visit place is the Punanga Nui Cultural market and the Te Vara Nui Evening Show, just fantastic. Also the small museum in the old Library by the church in Avarua, well worth a visit for history/photos/artifacts of the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tugflorida
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I have only just returned from Rarotonga where we attended our nieces wedding and stayed at the Muri Beach Hideaway, right from day one we were treated so very well by Paulne and Vina. Our Lotus bungalow was very clean, private and well equiped, we had a small kitchen that we could prepare our own meals, eating out on the balcony was tops especially breakfast in in which we had fresh fruit readily available from local shops and stalls. It was great to be able to just walk a few meters to the beach and also be able to take a canoe out when ever you wanted. We were priviliged to be invited to an Umu that our hosts put on for thier guests (we are definatly going to build one Pauline) it was so yummy. Everthing you see in the photos that are on the webb are very accurate (no photo shopping here). Just cant say enough about the place thank you to two wonderful ladies that helped make our trip so fantastic we were sad to leave.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue L
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed across the road in a house but was linked to the Muri Beach Hideaway. Pauline (of whom we named Nan) and Vee (of whom we named Aunty) were so welcoming and made you feel right at home. We were allowed to use the pool and have direct access to the beautiful Muri Lagoon whenever we wanted to and were also included in the Umu evening of which we felt very priviledged, and extremely satisfied! The team at Muri Beach Hideaway were always accommdating and friendly. What you see is definately what you get, the pictures are as you see them, the place is just devine and the location is perfect. Only a short walk to delicious foods, shopping, scooter hire, tourist attractions, bus stop and never ending white sand and sea. Easy to deal with, no hidden costs, very honest people. Would definately recommend the Hideaway, actually have already been giving rave reviews to friends and family planning a trip to Raro in the near future. Big loves and thank you to the crew xo

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends