“Absolutely awesome”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Muri
Wellydup
“Absolutely awesome”
Reviewed 17 April 2010

My partner and I went to Muri Beach Club hotel to get married and it was an amazing time. The wedding co-ordinator Lynnette was outstanding, both she and the staff treated us so well. Lynette took care of all the arrangements and we could just relax. The rest of the staff were also so friendly and it was a sincere friendliness. Our room was great, the food was great and the location awesome. I was amazed at the lenths they went to to keep the hotel in ship shape condition. I would definately reccommend this hotel to other travellers. It is a quiet venue where staff make you feel like you are their most valued customer. Peter and Fiona

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
LOS ANGELES
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Wow.. where do I even begin! My husband and I were celebrating our 1st yr anniversary of being married and had been throwing around a bunch of places to visit for this special day! It was seriously like a Pt.2 Honeymoon! (lol) I say this because when you get married.. its so overwhelming.. your still getting over all that just happened and well, don't get me wrong.. Maui- Hawaii was beautiful (in its own way) but this place was amazing! I really never took into consideration that I had planned our wedding day during the "Spring Break" time of the year.. So traveling during this time is usually really busy in other parts of the world. My husband and I were so fortunate to have been referred by another couple that had stayed here(at Muri Beach Club) and gave it nothing but thumbs up! So.. We came ..we saw.. we conquered! lol Had a marvelous time! It seriously felt like we had the Hotel to ourselves! When checking in we were greeted by a wonderful Manager who also had nice refreshing Island juice waiting for us.. and directed us straight to our rooms. I will say that after reading past post about the rooms and them having bugs (not just this Hotel BTW).. I kind of laughed because I have traveled to other parts of the World (i.e. Central America) and I know for a fact that in humid type environments there tends to be more ants/mosquitos ect. If you don't know this coming in.. for someone who is (i hate to use the word sheltered) or has not experienced such surroundings this can be a lil difficult to get use to. Well I hate to say this.. but there are more of them then there are us! lol and they are no bother at all. A few here and there. My husband made sure i completely explained myself in this section of the review because the Hotel was Clean and Neat and to us.. that's really important! So, moving on.. the amenities are great at Muri! In fact.. We did a couple of trips on our Scooter that we rented from our Hotel for the week.. (which is so much fun) around the Island, but for the most part everything was pretty close by or in reasonable reach! I have to say, being that we are from Los Angeles California (U.S.A) this place was such a different place!!! (so different from the Rat race here where we are from) lol Breakfast was severed as promised every morning. Lunch was usually Pool side and Dinner.. was almost eaten every other night there at the Hotel because we enjoyed the hospitality of the waiters and Bar Tenders so Much!!! If you do stay and decide to Eat Lunch.. You have to try their Ocean Burger!!! OMG so yummy! My husband had it like 4 times while we were there! The Fish and Chips amazing.. and don't forget the Island Fries! Well I can go on and on.. Its totally a place that you are gonna have some SERIOUSLY RELAXING DAYS! So be ready! I cant stress how happy we were with the Management/ Employees and Service here!!! Thank you once again Muri Beach Club for making our 2nd Honeymoon a Memorable one!!! Oh yeah, and BTW- I originally wanted a Beach front Room, but it was a lil out of our budget and 2 days into our stay the Wonderful Manager Upgraded us from a standard room to the lovely Beach front room! So .. that just goes to show you that the staff here truly appreciates your business and are all about making your stay a memorable one! My only Regret about this place was not bringing back home more of the Beautiful Pearls from the Island! Simply Gorgeous! I hope this review helps and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Christchurch New Zealand
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My Husband and I decided to stay at a resort with no kids, beach front access and meals as part of the deal, the Muri Beach Club Hotel filled all of our requirements. We ate all our meals in the restaurant. All of the meals bar one ranged from nice to outstanding. We ate our way thru the menu over 11 days and found all of them to be tasty and well presented (often different depending on the chef). The only dud meal was a steak I had that was tough and inedible. I asked for another and was treated to not one but two more steaks, and much better quality. ( we had a different chef on that night) . The staff were lovely, we got on very well with them all, plus there was entertainment every night. We got known as the dancing couple as we would often dance during our meals. Loved the cocktails!!!. The rooms were lovely and clean plus air cond, man you need that!! If you dont mind doing things the island way, ie eating was always a lovely long affair, then you can really sit back and relax at this place. The lagoon was 30 odd feet from our front door with spectacular views of the ocean beyond, highly recommended if you want to slow right down and enjoy yourselves. Complementary snorkle gear, canoes available, however the snorkle gear ranged from good to poor quality, so would advise taking your own. We will be going back soon!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Me and my partner stay at the Muri Beach Club hotel in December 2009. Firstly, we arrived at the hotel check in around 2am and greeted by a lovely receptionist and a glass of refreshing orange juice. We were shown to our room and ask if everything was ok. The next morning we woke up and went for breakfast. Breakfast is a cold buffet with juices and hot drinks. Breakfast did vary on a daily basis so don't assume your'll get the same everyday. The hotel has a nice size swimming pool and a day spa which is reasonably priced, free internet and wifi at a cost and free parking. Getting around the island is easy. 2 buses go around the island. One is called anti-clockwise and the other is clockwise. If you are going to use the bus you should ask the driver for a 10 trip ticked. This cost us $25 NZ. If you buy a one way ticket for 2, it costs $7 so you save $10 NZ by buying the 10 trips. We hired a car on the island for 3 days but really didn't need it. It only takes about 30 mins to drive around the whole island and just one roa around the island. I would recommend mopeds which you can hire for around $10-15 NZ per day. Our Toyota Yaris which was new, cost us $50 NZ per day to hire. Fuel on the island is really expensive. We were paying $2.60 NZ per litre so would not recommend a car. Eating out is expensive as with all the pacific islands. When you order your meat, thats all you get, you have to order fries, sides seperate. Scotch eye fillet will set you back about $30 before you add the extras. To eat out at most restaurants, expect to pay $90-$120 NZ for 2 to eat. Typically ours was $90-$95 NZ for 1 garlic bread, 1 scotch eye fillet with potatoes, fish with salad, 1 banana split and 3 fruit juices. Expect to pay nearer the $110-$120 NZ if you have wine or beer with your meal. Food on the island is excellent, everywhere we ate was exceptional and cooked to a very high standard. We found out that the meat cooked on the island comes from New Zealand.
Coconut tours are next door to the hotel and offer quad biking and buggies. We did the buggies and enjoyed it. Not excellent but thought yeah that was good. The buggies stick mainly to the roads and not much offroading. Wear sunglasses if you intend to do this tour. Lots of dust in my eyes as i forgot. We got covered in mud and to this day, still cannot remove the mud from our clothes so wear old stuff if you intend on going. We also did a tour through Raro tours which is a 4x4 tour, this was more enjoyable than the buggies and takes you off road into the hills. If you are on the island on a Saturday, ask your hotel about the markets in the town, we found these markets a good insight to the culture of Rarotonga. Rarotonga is very much for couples and not mean't for single people. It's a very nice place for a romantic getaway. We saw 3 weddings in a week, just on Muri beach alone. Muri beach is the place for taking a dip on the island. Most of the other beaches have lots of rocks in the sand. There are alot fewer on Muri beach. The locals and tourists from other hotels come to Muri Beach to take a dip. The water in Muri Beach is only around 3 ft deep and i could not swim because it was too shallow. This is the case with most of the island. The only place to "swim" is in the hotel swimming pool. The hotel can supply kayaks free of charge which are great fun but be careful of the heat as you don't notice it so much at sea. Snorkelling gear can also be hired free of charge but are abit old and the masks leek and fill up with water. If you really want to snorkel then you can buy a set in the numourous shops around the town from about $50 NZ upwards for the set. The hotel has a restuarant but we ate somewhere else most nights. The hotel gave us $100 NZ hotel credit and i think everyone gets it. This $100 NZ credit was gone after 1 dessert, 2 mains and 4 juices.
The hotel is very clean and modern. Only built in 2008 they maintain a high level of cleanliness and i was more than satisfied with this hotel. If we ever go back to Rarotonga, we would without a doubt stay at the Muri Beach Club Hotel. Also no children allowed at the resort which was the main reason we choose this hotel. The only problem was that children were on the beach directly in front of the hotel but then again their is not much that the hotel can do about that. The hotel is actually on the beach and no more than 30 paces from the water. We booked a garden room but were upgraded to a pool view room upon arrival. We looked at the beachfront rooms and were not wowed by it. Just the same as the pool rooms but had a water view. I'm glad i saved the extra 40%..
Thank you to all the wonderful staff at the hotel for a pleasent stay in your lovely hotel

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank I_love_holidays24
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We stayed here en route to L,A after 4 weeks travelling in N.Z. Unfortunately my wife fractured her ankle and was in a wheelchair. We only gave the hotel 24 hours notice, and yet when we arrived at midnight they had every thing in place to make my wife comfortable. They had rustled up a wooden ramp to get her in and out of the room. We were given a beautiful room right on the beach, with sun loungers so that she could relax and see the sea, even if she could not swim in it. The staff were all friendly considerate and helpful and made our stay relaxing and memorable. Rarotonga is stunning and perfect for a chill out break.

A little tip - Tipani Tours organized our travel on the island . They were super efficient.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshNPat245
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Muri Beach was a fantastic hotel for our 4 days stay. The rooms looked over the pool or the beach and were a good size with a balcony. The restaurant was great and the breakfast was simple but good.
Its only a short walk down the beach to other restaurants & bars and Miro's out the fron of the hotel does great burgers (especialls the Miro Burger)

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Isle of Wight
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Having just read some of the more recent negative reviews, we wonder if we are talking about the same place. The hotel is not elaborate or pretentious, but it allows one to just sit back and relax in peace and quiet. The pool was larger then many hotels and deliciously warm. The food was varied, well cooked and presented; and the service from all the staff excellent and friendly. The bay may lack some of the more exotic fish, but it was warm and safe and largely free of all sorts of nasties lurking the other side of the reef. Snorkeling equipment and kayaks are available, free the guests, and sun beds were plentiful. The bus is just 100 yards up the drive, and at least 5 other restaurants within walking distance if desired. Rarotonga is very much a tropical paradise, largely unspoilt, but with efficient power and drainage "mod cons" to make a holiday enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muri
Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa
Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
Pacific Resort Rarotonga
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa
The Edgewater Resort & Spa
Rumours Luxury Villas and Spa

Been to Muri Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!