We had a superb week at Muri Beach Cottages. We are the kind of people who normally like to stay off the tourist track a bit and this has the perfect balance of being at the quiet end of Muri beach whilst in easy reach of all local facilities. We stayed in the basic but comfortable garden studio, which is incredibly good value. Gwen the owner is just lovely as is the cat Little Boy and her shy dog Zoe. We loved the fact that every time we set off down the beach for a walk Zoe would always trot along with us and even chase the occasional stick!
The beach immediately outside disappears with high tide but you only need to walk for 2 minutes in either direction to find another nice beach. The snorkeling is just amazing especially out towards the reef at the fruits of rarotonga. I have l never seen so many fish in my life and we were even lucky enough to catch a glimpse of two giant rays.
We loved the laid back atmosphere here. If you want really high class 5 star service you probably want to look at places like the pacific resort down the road. If you want a good quality, quiet but reasonably priced base for a relaxing week - yet within spitting distance of somewhere to get a cocktail then this is for you. Don't forget to bring a torch so you can go for a walk on the beach at night and see the massive amounts of crabs that come out to play.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer no TV, just stars above, beaches to comb, waves to observe, books to read, geckos to name (and not feed), gardens to relax in and sunrises to admire ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Muri Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muri Beach Cottages Hotel Muri
- Muri Beach Cottages Rarotonga, Cook Islands