“The best place in our Nicaragua trip”
Review of Rigo's Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Penitas
Rigo's Guest House
“The best place in our Nicaragua trip”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went for three days and we ended up staying for two weeks. It's just a perfect spot in the beach. The house is clean, spacious and very very relaxed. The rooms are perfect and the best place for us was hanging in the hammocks in front of the beach. We also saw a turtle putting its eggs in front of us at night! Love this place and Rigo was completely helpful and polite with everything we need or ask. Is the perfect spot.

• Stayed July 2014

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tacoma, WA USA
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this place. We were very happy to have found it. All the beds are $10 per person no matter which room. Two have bathrooms and two do not. Our room had a bed that comfortably slept two and had a private bath and a shelf full of beach towels. They had a two story deck next to the beach with hammocks that were very comfy. The place was securely locked up at night yet you have keys to move about. Check out time was very lax I think we didn't leave until almost three. There was a communal bathroom and kitchen. The bathrooms and kitchen and fridge were not the cleanest I have seen but much better than many if not most. Our bathroom was filled with leftover toiletries like sops and sunscreen. The whole communality a was very wide open and inviting. We had to ask to get the shower water turned on but that was a minor detail really. The staff was move and friendly. A dog and two kitties roamed freely around the property. I believe they even had a communal laundry washing area. We will definitely be returning. Oh did I mention we were basically the only people on the beach? We only saw at most three people within eyesight at once during out stay. Very very worthy!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Leon, Nicaragua
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was traveling alone in León and looking for a place to relax near the ocean in Las Peñitas for the night. I happened across Rigo's Guest House and am very happy that I did. The charming building at Rigo's has comfortable dorm rooms, a kitchen with filtered water included, and a cozy dining area. The place is very open-air, tastefully decorated, and overall has a great vibe. I stayed in the dorm and had the best night of sleep out of my 6 week travels, due in equal parts to the gentle sound of the ocean and also the quiet, comfortable accommodations at Rigo's.

Overall, my experience was nothing but positive. I'd highly recommend Rigo to any person or group looking for a peaceful place to enjoy Las Peñitas.

Room Tip: From a local phone, call 8868-1569 to book a room and expect to pay $10 per person. I had trouble fi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 696maxf
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We did Rigo's beachside guest house on new years eve and loved it. He planned a bon fire at the beach where we sat by it, listened to the waves and had beer. The sky was filled with stars. It was absolutely a moment I would remember. Later, Rigo took us to a near by beachside bar with latin music, dancing, fireworks. A classic local countdown night with the local people was better than a typical greengo bar! We have never met anyone like Rigo who is caring, love to talk about his life in Nicaragua and how he sees the country, and his families and friends are wonderful people.
As for the hostel it self, they let us use their kitchen where we cooked dinner. The rooms, bathrooms, and shower facilities are comfortable and clean. We'd do it again if we drop by at Leon next time, and my boyfriend who was with me and lives in Managua will most likely be going back to see Rigo. I would if i also lived in Managua...
We stayed at Rigo's other hostel at Leon the next day which is also a nice, quite hostel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends