“You have to stay here”

Ranked #1 of 3 Airvault B&B and Inns
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“You have to stay here”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Voltaire for 6 nights whilst exploring the local area. We could not fault a single thing. The room was excellent and the whole house is beautiful. By far the most comfortable bed we have ever had the pleasure in staying in. Nothing was to much trouble and breakfast was available any time we would like. Will defiantly be staying again when we are back in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights on my chemin de compostelle. The welcome by Marc and Jo was very warm and made me feel quite at home. Nothing was too much trouble, my 2 shirts received a much needed wash. Marc also offered to me pick me up on the second day after I had walked to gourge, an intermediate point between Airvault and Niort.
The rooms are very large, extremely well equipped and spotlessly clean.
This is without doubt the best chambre d'hotes I have stayed in during my 7 years of coming to France.

• Stayed August 2013
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Visited this part of France on a family holiday and stayed in the Voltaire along with my girlfriend and sister. Was a fantastic place to stay and could not fault a single thing about our stay there, the service was excellent and would definitely stay there again and would recommend anyone to stay there as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Simon G
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I discovered Le Voltaire, when looking for a place to stay near Futuroscope, I'm so glad I did. Firstly Jo made me feel so welcome, so much so that I almost felt at home immediately, the perfect end to a tiring journey, just what I needed along with the drink she poured after I had settled in. My room was lovely and spacious even with somewhere to sit and read, very well designed and thought out and the en-suite bathroom was the same. I think many other people have commented on the beds, they're not wrong. Simply the best night's sleep I've had for years! Breakfast was superb local fresh bread and pastries, homemade conserve and marmalade and as much coffee as I could cope with, which as it was excellent was quite alot. The only negative thing about my stay was that it was only one night, if only I could have managed more I would have. I will be back & next time it will be for much longer, so I can discover more of the delights the area has to offer and maybe some of Marc's legendary food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

On my two day break I felt relaxed and refreshed from the moment I arrived and that was all down to Marc, Jo & Isabelle, who supplied great food and great company. The hotel has great character and lots of history which can also be said about Airvault. I've already arranged to go back, but this time for a week so I can experience more of the town and surrounding areas.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
leics
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I think i have found a remedy for a good nights sleep, Move in with Jo,Marc & Isabelle.

We have enjoyed 5 nights here and have loved every minute, Marc's meals are wonderful and their hospitality is great. Airvault is a lovely place & everyone we met were so friendly.

Good Luck to all 3 of you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is really is the perfect B&B! The rooms are absolutely beautiful - with wonderfully comfortable beds (with proper Egyptian cotton sheets), tasteful decor, original wooden shutters on the windows and swanky bathrooms that would not look out of place in a five star hotel. Marc and Jo (and Isabelle and the cats) make you feel very welcome and, if you are lucky enough to be there when Marc is offering dinner, you are in for a real treat. Do not even think of eating out!! Breakfasts are amazing too - fresh baguette, unsalted butter and Marc's home made apricot jam is as close to heaven as I have been in a long time!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airvault
Le Vieux Chateau - chambres et table d'hotes
#1 of 1 in Marnes
Chateau de Saint-Loup
Chateau de Saint-Loup
#1 of 2 in Saint-Loup-Lamaire

Been to The Voltaire Chambres & Table d'Hotes? Share your experiences!