“Always get good service, good coffee, bread and cakes”

Batehaven Bakehouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Batehaven
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bakery and Cafe Great ocean views and plenty of parking for cars and caravans
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I come to this bakery regularly. Sometimes for coffee and cake while we sit in the bakery or outside, sometimes for takeaway cakes and mostly for bread. You take a number and wait to be called. Our last visit was on 22/11. On every single occasion we have been treated with courtesy and good service. Once I asked for hotter coffee and this was no problem. Fixed with a smile and apology. Now I always ask for my coffee to be hot. The staff now recognise us as regulars and always inquire "how are you today". If the staff were rude, or provided bad service we would go to the bakery around the corner. But so far we have been very happy with the products purchased and service received so will continue to come to this bakery.

3  Thank Jackie B

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I honestly can't believe how rude the ladies were to us at this place. It was all to much of hassle for them.
We called in for coffee and brunch one week day morning, so the place wasn't very busy. It seemed like we were an inconvenience.

The coffee was ok but needed to be hotter. The berry tart was fantastic.

There pre-made lunches looked lovely, but alas, I won't be trying them as the service here was very poor.

No second chances for me.

1  Thank MrsYard
Julie C, Owner at Batehaven Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you Mrs Yard for taking the time to write your review, I am sorry for your bad experence, we really appriciate your feed back and this will be brought to our staffs attention and making sure this does not happen again. I hope that one day you will give our bakery another chance and if you do I would like to offer a free coffee.
Warm regards
Peter Kelly

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stumbled onto this Bakery by chance with my daughter while visiting the south coast. I have to say the eclairs were about the best I have ever eaten. The bakery is close to the beach with outside seating and appears to be very popular. We also brought home a date and walnut loaf which was very tasty. But the eclairs - I can still taste them - sooo good.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had a latte with hazelnut and it was the best I have ever had and there vanilla slice is to die for!