“Excellent Location!”

Clyde View Holiday Park
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great location, convenient shops directly across the road.. The beachfront cabins were lovely, very clean and had everything we needed. Great spot for kids, our 1yr old had a ball playing on the grass right at our door step. Staff were also very lovely. Overall a top spot! Will definately be going back there again soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
ClydeVHP, Manager at Clyde View Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you 'checkinit0ut' for your lovely comments, so please you enjoyed your stay with us....
Don't forget about our 'MyStays' Program for your next visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here a few years back and we had a good holiday, thought it would be a good spot to take the kids.We took one of the winter specials and stayed in a new 3 bedroom cabin.Had a great time!Perfect weather and the cabin was 10/10!The beach is basically right at the front door!I have to say it is the best location on the south coast!The park has improved since our last stay and the new kids playground next door was a hudge hit.We will be back,thanks again to the staff for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Definately recommend the new 3 bedroom cabins on the beach
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Taryn C

Thanks 'Scott C' for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased you have a lovely stay with us and hope to see you again.
Barb
PS: Don't forget about our 'MyStay' Program for your next stay......

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This has to be best place we have stayed in BBay, don't know why we haven't before, but we won't be going anywhere else in the future.
Fantastic location, friendly staff, on the beach, across from shops including supermarket, chemist, newsagency, butchers restaurants.... just to name a few. Next to a fantastic playground for kids just awesome.
This place has to be one of if not the most cleanest I have stayed in around the world, you are a asset to your industry.... simply the best.
A special thanks to Barb who came around on the Sunday and told us there were whales at Caseys Beach..... this topped off a great holiday. Going the extra mile for you guests, all the staff were friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived.
As the review before says... 'Bloody Amazing'
Don't know what the previous one to that is on about 'Brady-Jetsetters': our villa had 2 doonas on each bed, so that made 6 + a spare! I don't believe for a minute that the night staff would have ignored the phone.... wonder how long these people let the phone ring and did they ring again if it wasn't picked up the first time.....
THIS PLACE IS FANTASTIC, with great staff, not sure which were the owners and don't care, just know we will be back.... thanks again for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Stay in a Beach Front Villa..... spectacular view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
ClydeVHP, Manager at Clyde View Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

B_Stan_12, thank you for your wonderful comments. It's lovely to get such a nice review, makes our job of ensuring you have a wonderful stay that much more pleasurable. I will pass them onto the whole team. So glad you got to see the Whales during your stay.
Thanks again, Barb :)

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Bloody amazing, friendliest kindest people you could meet. Great location. No dramas here. Place is so clean and tidy. Very homely. Beach is across the road. Lots of shops nearby. It's a really happy feeling holiday park.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks you Susieq6285, reading reviews like this puts a smile on your face and make our job that much more enjoyalbe. So happy you had a great time.
Don't forget about our 'MyStay' Program for your next visit.
Thanks again, Barb

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed here for a Winter Weekend escape from Canberra and to show a short term international visitor one of my favourite places in Australia.
Arrived late on Friday night and the main office was closed, this was pre-advised to Barb in the office, they left the keys for me in the letterbox and advised details on which cabin was ours.
The accommodation was a 2br Beachfront Cabin, ideal for our needs and we thought it seemed and looked comfortable enough.
Well the weather was cold on our arrival and we were looking forward to putting everything away and getting settled, putting the heater on before bed.
After an hour of the heater being on (10.20pm) the heater just shut off, after attempting to turn it back on in many ways, reading through the welcome folder that should have all the emergency info and contact numbers in it, scour the outside perimeter of the cabin for a fuse box a few times in the dark, we noticed that not only the heater was off but all the power along the same wall was out - All kitchen power points, fridge and bathroom power sockets. All our food for the weekend was stored in the Fridge.
THE CABIN WAS FREEZING - there was only 1 extra blanket for the cabin (Sleeps 5) and 3 of us sleeping in there.....
I called the only number in the welcome folder at 11.30pm and there was no answer, this leading me to believe that maybe the owners were out or did not live on the premises as there was no information suggesting otherwise. The phone totally rung out, so even if you were woken by the phone, there is a good 2-3minutes approx. of constant ringing.
So this course of action didn't work, and we were cold...
I could only send an email from my iPhone. Needless to say none of us had a good night sleep; we found the temperature in the room very, very cold and uncomfortable all night.
Saturday morning we had to turn on the gas oven and grill to use as a heater. Then the grill (GAS) would not switch off and a staff member had to come and fix that before we could vacate the cabin.
I called the office at 09.00am on the Saturday morning and explained what had happened about both situations and that I was not really happy, the staff were very sympathetic advised where the fuse box was located. This sorted that problem.
I asked for something to be "arranged" for the previous night’s rate as it was not comfortable and insufficient through no fault of our own. The staff would discuss it with the owners who did infact live on the premises and get back to us.
I only heard from the owner at 9am on the Sunday Morning I was due to check out at 10am. She tried to tell me that there was nothing that could be done for me, she was in her dwelling on the Friday night, heard the phone and could not get up to answer it in time, and I should have tried calling back or walking to the front office at nearly midnight to wake someone.....Hmmmm like I knew someone was living there.
All she was willing to offer was a late check-out, or maybe a discount if we book there again....Seriously, you offer this 1hr before I am supposed to check out and my car is already packed. What a hollow and insincere offer if ever I have received one.
Whilst the premises were of a good standard and the location is also good, as a Travel Agent myself, customer service, customer satisfaction and customer service recovery goes a very long way. My expectations are not unrealistic or unreasonably high, a good night’s sleep in a clean cabin/room is all I pretty much expect. I don't expect 5 star treatment.
I will not refer this property to any clients, friends or family because my stay was disappointing at the hands of the owners. They let me down, their staff and their property.
I have stayed at 2 other holiday parks in the area and they along with all the other Holiday Parks etc in Batemans will always be my preferred choice over Clyde View Holiday Park.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brady-Jetsetters

Thank you Brady-Jetsetters for taking the time to write a review.
All of our guest feedback whether it be positive or negative helps us improve moving forward.
We try very hard to ensure our guest have a great stay with us, it is very unfortunate that you have left disappointed.
On the matter of the air conditioner, it was tested after your stay and no fault was found and there has not been a problem with the power tripping since then, however it was found that the fridge was turned up to maximum by housekeeping upon departure which on consultation with our electrician was most the probable the cause.
What a shame you didn't call back after the first initial call, as that call did wake the resident up, but didn't make it to the phone on time and at that stage we did not have caller ID to call you back. (this has now been activated).
All our beds during the colder months are double doona'd..... so in fact there were 2 QB, 4 SB doonas & spare in the unit at the time of your stay. the booking made was for 2 adults, we were unaware of the child as it was not declared at the time of booking or checkin, nor was the child paid for.
A discount had been applied to your file for a future stay, and we most certainly do not think that you are or were being unreasonable, but we do have this in place: like someone onsite 24/7 to ensure any problems that may arise at any time can be address. It was most unfortunate that the resident on that particular night was is a deep sleep at the time of your call and didn't get to the phone in time.
Thanks again for your review all your comments have been taken onboard.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Our stay at Clyde View was perfect. There were no flaws, the location was perfect, the room was perfect it was a PERFECT experience. I would definitely recommend this paradise to everyone who is looking for accommodation in the bay area!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter around summer time because the carnival is going on, and rooms wi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jumbalaya100

Jumbalaya100, thank you for your lovely review, so pleased you had a lovely time at our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Clydeview and we enjoyed every minute. After looking through the various last minute accomodation sites on the net we were horrified to see how much school holidays upped the prices for accomodation at even the most basic of hotels in the area. Finally we chanced upon the Clydeview and found that we could rent a 2 bdrm cabin for $155.00 per night. To be honest we didn't expect a lot but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Apart from a musty smell in the bathroom, the cabin was cleaner than most of the 4 star places that we've stayed in before.
We had partial views of the water from the front deck, and it was just s short stroll across the street to a great range of casual eatieries and an IGA supermarket. We used the onsite pool and it was clean and very well maintained, and even though there were a lot of people staying there it was remarkably quiet during the day and at night. We wandered down to the beach (about a 20 second stroll from the cabin) and my 4 year old had a ball playing in the shallows watching the hermit crabs scuttle about. There's a park right next door with a really good kids playground, and while we were there a carnival was in the park also with rides and other fun stuff. Also we were only 5 minutes away from the heart of Batemans Bay.
The only negative to our stay (& it was very minor) was the fact that we'd booked a 2 bedrm with linen for both rooms and when we arrived were told that we'd been moved to a cabin that only had linen for the main bedrm. My husband explained what we'd booked & the lady offered to bring down linen & extra towels (which usually cost $20 per set) but as I like to be prepared for everything & we had room in the car, I had bought extra sheets and towels with us in case of this type of thing so we didn't need that, but it's something to keep in mind if you book this kind of accomodation (FYI it was mentioned on the website and on wotif).

Room Tip: Beachfront cabins have great views!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trixie_SP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batehaven
BIG4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort
Caseys Beach Holiday Park
Caseys Beach Holiday Park
#5 of 14 in Batemans Bay
BIG4 Batemans Bay at Easts Riverside Holiday Park

Been to Clyde View Holiday Park? Share your experiences!