“our short stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Romney
Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“our short stay”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

positives first,jo and the entertainments team were superb keeping the children involved.my 2 loved it all from the first minute until the end of each show.pirate show was superb and even loved it as adults.the entertainment team were all pleasant polite and friendly to my children and could not have asked for more.the bar staff were friendly and very helpful and tended to all our needs,food was good value with a wide range to choose from,drinks were reasonable also...
not so positives now,park is looking very tired in my opinion(then again we usually go to landguard and lower hyde},our silver apartment was adequate for our needs but the mattresses on the beds were poor,a piece of foam with springs in it(would assume this contravenes fire safety rules),felt it more comfortable sleeping on the sofa(not pulled out)..complained about the mattress or whatever it was,told to wait in all afternoon and no visit(could have been doing something with my kids)..whilst reporting this the poor chap in reception was trying to get the maintenance to do something to which I heard the maintenance guy respond with have bigger things to do with my time,shocking attitude..on arrival we were early so made our way to the pub at the entrance and had a drink when we went back at half 2 accommodation was not ready.customer service skills need much improvement or sacking and replace with people who can speak to people civil..would I go back possibly as I liked the location..sorry Romney but as a park you fall way behind landguard and lower hyde

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Many thanks for your review. I am glad that there were many positives to your holiday with us, and I will pass on your comments to the relevant team members.

With regards to the not so positive comments, I will be bringing this up with the relevant managers as we should have quite easily been able to resolve your issue. I am sorry that we took so much time to do so.

Thank you for such an honest review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Romney Sands.

01797 363 877

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at Romney Sands last week and I have to say that my early reservations about an English caravan holiday were entirely misplaced. The accommodation was clean, tidy and all made up for us on arrival. We wondered down to the complex where we quickly saw there was plenty of entertainment for the kids. The difference was made by the Team Stars, Dan, Spencer, Ellie, Becky and Jo went above and beyond every day to make sure the children were constantly entertained. They are a huge part of why we will definitely book again next year.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for your kind review, I am pleased that you had a good time and enjoyed the facilities and the entertainment that we have on offer for our customers.

I will pass your comments onto the team and they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Please do come and see us again soon!

kent
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for a week in August with two children's aged 7 and 4.
Caravan was ready on arrival and was basic but did the job. We headed straight for the pool which was a bad start to the holiday. The toilets were filthy, the doors didn't lock and they just needed a re-vamp. When we got into the small pool the water was cloudy and clearly the cleaning system wasn't working. I mentioned it to one of the staff and got very very rudly told that its just due to the amount of people just ignore it. It shouldn't matter of they're is 100 people in the pool you should be able to see you feet in the water!!
The evening entertainment was ok but it needs to be more about the children and less about the entertainment staff. Alot of the time the kids sit on the floor and watch the staff play silly games. Every night they had a maximum of 3 party dances on and one night they didn't put them on until 10.30pm. Having two girls this is normally the highlight of the holiday but the evenings were a complete let down. We will be sticking to haven in future as they have cleaner facilities and the evenings are for the kids.

• Stayed August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review Romney Sands, I am pleased that your caravan was to a good standard.

I agree with your points regarding the swimming pool toilets and we will be revamping them in the 2014 winter break so they will be ready in time for the 2015 season.

I am sorry that you felt the swimming pool staff were not helpful, I will be speaking to the sports and leisure manager about this.

Our programme of entertainment is written at a national level and is broadly the same at all lively parks, I am sorry if it wasn’t to your taste but thank you for your review.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hi
have just returned from Romney Sands holiday resort and was impressed with the location as a big fan of the Miniature railway that serves the resort.
the accommodation was a platinum caravan and the only two down sides were that the bedrooms were small as only fitted a bed and nothing else so moving around difficult.also the advertised 2 shower rooms were not in this one as only 1 shower so other people had to queue
other than that the site was a looking a little tired round the edges but a most enjoyable stay for all concerned.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Romney Sands. I am really pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed both the holiday park and the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch railway.

Please come and visit us again soon.

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Caravan was lovely, bronze but perfectly adequate, all staff were friendly, bar staff especially Billie Jo very helpful and price of drinks and food were not too bad. Train going through the park was fun and useful for a day trip to Dymchurch. Unfortunately a lot of the entertainment let the whole experience down, for example fantastic Pirate Show followed by a woeful performance by the entertainment team, dancing was ok but the singer made my ears bleed, she had a weird name. Earlier in the week I had watched a much better cabaret by three other of the entertainment staff lead by Ellie G, she has a fantastic voice and I can't understand why she wasn't the featured singer in the shows and always seemed to be in the background. We visited last year and the entertainment was fantastic, we even enjoyed the kids stuff! I would visit again but was expecting far better entertainment.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us, in particular your kind comments regarding the team and the various entertainment that we have on offer.

Our entertainments team try their very best to deliver great shows but I am sorry if some aspects of the show were not to your satisfaction.

Please do come and see us again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We had a brilliant time at Romney Sands holiday park, the teamstars were amazing. The Kids enjoyed it so much and this is our second time. We thought it was such a great holiday that we booked again. This is a family favourite!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for such a kind review, I am really pleased you had such a nice time and please come and see us for a third time soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just got back home from a lovely stay at Romney Sands. Our caravan was ready on arrival and clean on the inside and beds made.We have stayed here on and off for the passed 19 years and have noticed a few changes mostly to the entertainment complex but no where else. Friendly and helpful staff as well as the shop staff. We had no problems with our van and had the remote for the TV as many other reviews i read complained they hadn't got one.We have used Park Resorts other sites and have never had a bad experience at any of them. As my children are not little anymore (youngest 14, oldest 21) will probably start staying on one with basic facilities and less children's entertainment . Throughly enjoyed the stay and defiantly recommend to others, even if to use as a base to go around the coast , lots to see and do in the area.

1 Thank vivian p
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for such a positive review of your holiday. I am pleased that the accommodation met your expectations and that the team were helpful to you and your family.

We try our best to accommodate all customer requests and although we stock remotes in most caravans, from time to time they do go missing and we have to replace them.

We hope to see you again and thanks once more for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Romney
View Hotel Folkestone
View Hotel Folkestone
#4 of 10 in Folkestone
Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Romney Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!