Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Having been invited to a party in New Romney, my Uncle had researched into local B&Bs and highly recommended Martingfield Manor for our family (2 doubles and 1 single). What a delight when pulling up outside Martingfield Manor - what a beautiful house. Carol & Peter were very welcoming and promptly showed us to our rooms (we was rather late). A very spacious double bedroom with on-suite for my partner and I, overlooking the gorgeous gardens. A smaller room for my brother and father, but we couldn't have been more pleased.

I vowed to walk around the garden the following morning, but sadly it poured with rain, so whilst pottering and getting ready for breakfast, I enjoyed the views with a cup of tea - tea and coffee in the room, by the way.

Breakfast was a real treat - couldn't have asked for more. I opted for the smoked salmon and scrambled egg, whilst everyone else went for the full English. Service was great, with the feel of being welcomed so much into a family home.

Would I recommend Martingfield Manor - you bet I would. And, we'll be returning for sure at some stage. Couldn't fault it. Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2015

My son and I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst he drove a steam train on the local RH&D railway..... We were made welcome by the friendly owners... The extended a warm welcome to us..The rooms are clean and comfortable... On the cold days that we experienced we found the rooms were warm too for which we were very grateful for.

The breakfasts were great, a good choice from which to choose... The scrambled egg and smoked salmon was particularly tasty... The full English breakfast fully stoked up the train driver for the day.

Martinfield Manor is an excellent B&B in which to stay when visiting this facinating area of the country and I can thoughly recommend it to others... Excellent value for money... suggest other people visit too.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Paxmere
Reviewed 7 March 2015

We stayed at Martinfield Manor after we couldn't reach another local hotel as the road had so many potholes we grounded the car! We were so lucky to get a room here. It is a delightful place. The owners are welcoming and friendly. The room was large, comfortable, beautifully furnished and had far reaching views over the marshes. It was lovely sitting watching the sunset in such a peaceful place. It has the added bonus of being within walking distance of the centre of New Romney with plenty of choice of restaurants. It's a pretty, lively place. Breakfast was delicious. Fantastic value.

Room tip: We stayed in the blue one-great.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samanthalouise
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Perfect B&B run by a very friendly couple. Nothing too much trouble. Booked 3 rooms for a women's golf team. Comfortable house with spacious rooms, lots of nice extra touches, biscuits, candies, fresh fruit etc. Would definitely recommend. Super breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank KateEvans22
Reviewed 15 September 2014

We had a delightful overnight stay at Martinfield Manor. We had been to a wedding nearby & needed somewhere to stay for the night before returning home to London the next day, The rooms were well prepared with everything one could need. The large double was a delightful room, with a lovely outlook over the very spacious pretty garden. It was so quiet & peaceful. We had decided not to stay where the wedding reception was held as the reviews weren't great & we didn't want a noisy night with people carousinq into the early hours. Martinfield Manor was an ideal choice. Breakfast next morning was delicious. Hope to go again one day soon for a longer stay.

Room tip: Large double was a spacious very attractive room.
Date of stay: September 2014