“Best bear camp in Canada”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rennie
Whiteshell Outfitters
Reviewed 5 June 2013

An amazing trip with Whiteshell Outfitters. Took a 7 1/2 ft black bear. Food,accommodations were excellent. And add the fishing, and this place can't be beat!! This is a hunting camp I will keep coming back to year after year. Mike Adey is one of the most knowledgeable outfitters I have ever met.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank GusC640

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Mike Adey runs a quality outfit for Manitoba Black Bear over bait. He and his guides (Darrel and Bill) will go farther (literally) than anyone else to recover your trophy. Once you harvest your bear, all you have to do is sit back, relax and fish for walleye, northerns, and bass in the lake (which is right outside your door). The cabins that you'll be staying in are anywhere from 15 minutes to a half-hour from the bait-sites and the stands and sites are very well maintained. Bow and gun-hunters are welcome but, because Mike is a bow-hunter himself, bow hunters will be especially pleased with the set up. The food isn't extravagant (nor should it be) but it is filling, hot, and tasty. You do stand a chance of seeing and taking a serious trophy bear here (#1 P&Y Bear in 2010) as well as a color-phase. Mike is a welcoming host who really goes all-out to make sure that his hunters are successful before and after the shot. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mcvalum
Mike A, Owner at Whiteshell Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Jess, thank-you for taking the time to write a review. We have had a number of huge bears taken, as well as colour phase bears too. Glad to hear that we did a good job of meeting your group's dietary needs. Let me know if Nicole ever needs a supply of those gluten free cookies.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

What a wonderful guided hunt. Knowledgable guides, true service. Mike went out of way to provide a great hunt for all. The fishing was good. I really enjoyed the trip to Crow Duck Lake.

Good food, lovely cabin site.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank jesse m
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I first had the pleasure of meeting Mike at the Suffern Sportmen's Show and I am very glad that I did. Since then I have hunted two Deer hunts and a spring Bear hunt and was very sucessful but most of all had a great time on all the hunts . Mike and his staff are great . Any one thinking of booking a hunt, dont worry Mike will take good care of you and will make the trip worry free . Just hunt or fish and kick back . Looking forward to my next hunt . Just do it ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Relief3

Paul, thank-you for taking the time to review Whiteshell Outfitters. Glad to see that we are meeting your expectations. We do strive to make hunting with Whiteshell Outfitters as enjoyable as possible and in all ways. We love going to the Suffern show and seeing so many of our guests.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

So far, I have been on 5 deer hunts and 3 bear hunts with Mike. That in itself should tell you that I think Mike runs a top shelf operation. What separates Mike from many other Outfitters is his demeanor. Mike is a very positive person who always is trying to make your hunt the best it can be. I have left camp several times without filling my tag, but I've never not enjoyed my time with Mike and the guys at Whiteshell Outfitters.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Chris D
Mike A, Owner at Whiteshell Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank-you very much for your very positive review. Always enjoy having you at camp and I'm very glad we meet your expectations so well.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I hunted with WhiteShell Outfitters twice in 2007 (Spring and Fall) and have booked a hunt for this Spring as well. Mike Aday runs a first class Bear camp and works hard to make sure that the hunter is well taken care of. Mike includes everything you need to insure a good hunt (you have to bring your own clothes and gear), including pratice targets, stands and all transportation.

Mike provides boats, fishing gear and know-how. The hunt includes fishing at the camp and a trip to Crow Duck lake. The fishing at Crow Duck is so good that I even caught fish.

The accomdations are quite nice, he has a couple cabins with arrangements for sleeping, eating and showering. He is also decent cook and the food is good.

Jim

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank 361JimM
Mike A, Owner at Whiteshell Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank-you for the review. Glad you had a good time with us. We strive to ensure that everyone has a great trip with us.

Been to Whiteshell Outfitters? Share your experiences!