“Butterlies Galore”
Review of Papiliorama

Papiliorama
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kerzers
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I think this is a fantastic place and loved the rain forrest and the exotic butterflies but uncomfortable in Nocturama as there were a myriad of bats flying a few inches from my head.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Even with a fear of butterflies I could still enjoy my day here. There was lots of different animals including bats, sloths and toucans! The kids absolutely loved all of it and had fun at the playground afterwards.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went there with the children, they were very excited to find that number of butterflies in one place, I was surprised too, the weather was modified by air conditions and water sprays to create humidity for these creatures, it was my first time to see the butterflies cocoons, and they were emerging from them, of course there were differnt stages of the cocoons, there were young butterflies which had just got out of their cocoons they were placed on a tree, I saw the worms before making cocoons and this was a first too, the colours of the butterflies were fascinating.
The nocturna dome was a little bit scarey because of the flying bats, we saw monkies, colourful birds, snakes, ducks, small donkies, small goats, peecoks, the food in the cafeteria was not tasty at all i dont recommend it, finally the children were so happy.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Papiliorama has, since a couple of years, two other halls beside the one with the butterflies. The butterflies alone are worth a visit, but I like "Junge Trek" even better. There are some iguanas climbing around in the trees of this hall, toucans, egrets, hokkos and other birds as well as tayras, peccaries and coatis. Since the opening of the "Jungle Trek" hall the vegetation in there has become a veritable jungle. The third hall, Nocturama, offers a trail through a tropical forest at night. Interesting, but not so much to my taste as the other two halls.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Upon walking into the butterfly house we were surrounded by butterflies of every description. I really think one of them kissed me, actually it just needed a place to land. It was fascinating looking for all the different butterflies and the beautiful flowering plants. The nocturnal house was very interesting but the bats were a bit scary. Children seemed to be enjoying everything. There is a nice gift shop and a snack bar with a limited selection. It's bit off the beaten track but worth the trip. Today in the field next to the parking lot the farmers were harvesting asparagus.

1  Thank Marlene M