Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Melchizedec
Paris, France

Top B&B

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Sept 2016
I simply confirm all the previous excellent reviews.
Breakfast is very special, some may love it, some may prefer simply good jam, good butter, and good bread (weak point). In our couple, one loved it, the other not.
I only regret that the house is in the village, with noisy neighbours, but it is not Marta's fault.
Thanks a lot Marta and Giorgio.
Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
  • Expedia.com
    £179
2.3 miles from Marta Guest House
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
4.4 miles from Marta Guest House
4.6 miles from Marta Guest House
View more hotels in Santa Maria del Giudice
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I had read reviews of Marta's guesthouse and thought it couldn't be as perfect but it was. Marta is a warm, welcoming host and I seriously felt like I was staying in a friend's home. I was alone and Marta took care of me as if I was her only guest. I was given access to her kitchen to heat milk since I wasn't feeling well and she made sure I was comfortable all the time. Her beautiful breakfast is such a treat.

The villa itself is clean and welcoming. My room was fairly large with an ensuite. Though it is August I actually closed the windows at night since it got chilly.

Marta helped out with planning my trips and even gave me bus tickets to go to Lucca the first time and Pisa the next since I was without a car. On Sunday and the civic holiday there was no bus service and Marta's boyfriend dropped me to the train station on Sunday and I got a ride with one of her guests today.

I would highly recommend this home as a place to visit and make a base in Tuscany especially if driving a car. Since I had to use buses it was a bit inconvenient to use the local bus as they come only once in a while. However, the experience of staying with Marta would outweigh all the inconveniences.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We had a perfect stay with Marta in her BnB. The breakfasts were amazing and alot of time and prep went into them. Marta was a wonderful hostess and helped make our stay fun for a 60th bday weekend. We surely made a new friend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Have you ever drove through Tuscany wondering how would be like living in one of those beautiful and old pastel collored villas? I have. Staying at Marta Guest House gave me the impression I had my own house in Tuscany at least for a couple of days...the small village of Santa Maria del Giudice is just a short drive from must see places as Pisa and Lucca. You can even use the place as your base for a day trip to Florence. But if you want to get to know other hidden gems away from the bitten path, just ask the owner, Donna Marta, a full hearted, caring, and welcoming hostess who know really well the surroundings. She will patiently explain to you how to get there and what to see in whatever language you speak...the bedrooms are not luxurious...but are clean and comfortable. Wake up in the morning with the smell of fresh brewed Italian coffee, open the window to see the mountains soroounding the village and come down to the kitchen to enjoy a delicious breakfast that Donna Marta prepares using local produce...I can't wait to go back to show the place to my wife.

Room tip: Some rooms don't have its own bathroom. If it is important for you ask during reservation
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2016

My wife and I spent four nights in Marta's Guest House...it was fantastic. Marta is truly the best in the business...friendly, helpful, caring about the details, clean/large/luxurious room, fabulous breakfast, easy to find location, free parking and free wifi, reasonable price, excellent location. Marta herself was incredibly thoughtful about how we were going to spend our days and mapped out great ideas for us to pursue. In all of our international travels we have not found anyone as hospitable as Marta. We highly recommend staying here and hope to return someday too!

Room tip: We stayed on the first floor; would have preferred a room with a balcony if possible.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We had a long drive from Rome the same day as the overseas flight and as it got dark we were concerned about finding Marta. We immediately saw signs which made finding her easy and when we arrived we greeted with a smile and many helping hands. The rooms were beautiful with lots of room and high ceilings. Heat and air was good. They were very clean. You truly felt like you had spent the night and had breakfast as the guest at a gorgeous Italian Villa. Marta and her husband couldn't have been more helpful, the room was great, the breakfast generous with great coffee and homemade doughnuts, and I hope to return. As we reluctantly left, Marta highlighted a map with terrific advice on our next day's drive. Americans, don't miss this, it's GREAT!

Room tip: Downstairs room was very large, but upstairs very sufficient. The suite has a lovely balcony.
Date of stay: April 2016