Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Barbara M
Nantwich

Unique experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Sept 2016
Marta owns and runs a remarkable guest house. She and her staff are friendly, helpful and fun! The house is beautiful, and if you are into "quirky" there is lots here to keep you happy, like the collection of hats in the entrance hall and the amazing painted walls (eg swallows flying up the stairs). The ceilings, floors and light fittings throughout the house are all amazing. All the rooms are spotlessly clean, all individually decorated by hand. And the breakfasts are excellent. In summer these are taken in the lovely garden but when mornings get a little chilly, in the lovely dining room.
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: The best rooms have huge balconies with loungers, table & chairs, and sun shade. The garden...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
  • Vio.com
  • Trip.com
2.3 miles from Marta Guest House
Free parking
Centro di Lucca. Cattedrale di San Martino, dettaglio.
4.4 miles from Marta Guest House
3.6 miles from Marta Guest House
View more hotels in Santa Maria del Giudice
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2016

By the time we had picked up our hire cars in Pisa and travelled to the guest house, it was almost midnight, but Marta was on hand to greet us and show us to our rooms. She even produced an impromptu birthday cake for my brother. This was typical of her kindness and enjoyment of running a guest house where customers soon become friends.

The rooms are large with high ceilings and comfortable beds. The best rooms also have a wide, sunny balcony. Breakfasts are a real speciality of the guest house and great care goes into producing different but equally tasty offerings each day. Marta is also very happy to offer suggestions and advice about excursions to see the sights of the region.

We spent a very enjoyable five days in Tuscany and will long remember the warmth of the hospitality we received.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tim_Scott2014
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I simply confirm all the previous excellent reviews.
Breakfast is very special, some may love it, some may prefer simply good jam, good butter, and good bread (weak point). In our couple, one loved it, the other not.
I only regret that the house is in the village, with noisy neighbours, but it is not Marta's fault.
Thanks a lot Marta and Giorgio.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I had read reviews of Marta's guesthouse and thought it couldn't be as perfect but it was. Marta is a warm, welcoming host and I seriously felt like I was staying in a friend's home. I was alone and Marta took care of me as if I was her only guest. I was given access to her kitchen to heat milk since I wasn't feeling well and she made sure I was comfortable all the time. Her beautiful breakfast is such a treat.

The villa itself is clean and welcoming. My room was fairly large with an ensuite. Though it is August I actually closed the windows at night since it got chilly.

Marta helped out with planning my trips and even gave me bus tickets to go to Lucca the first time and Pisa the next since I was without a car. On Sunday and the civic holiday there was no bus service and Marta's boyfriend dropped me to the train station on Sunday and I got a ride with one of her guests today.

I would highly recommend this home as a place to visit and make a base in Tuscany especially if driving a car. Since I had to use buses it was a bit inconvenient to use the local bus as they come only once in a while. However, the experience of staying with Marta would outweigh all the inconveniences.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We had a perfect stay with Marta in her BnB. The breakfasts were amazing and alot of time and prep went into them. Marta was a wonderful hostess and helped make our stay fun for a 60th bday weekend. We surely made a new friend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Have you ever drove through Tuscany wondering how would be like living in one of those beautiful and old pastel collored villas? I have. Staying at Marta Guest House gave me the impression I had my own house in Tuscany at least for a couple of days...the small village of Santa Maria del Giudice is just a short drive from must see places as Pisa and Lucca. You can even use the place as your base for a day trip to Florence. But if you want to get to know other hidden gems away from the bitten path, just ask the owner, Donna Marta, a full hearted, caring, and welcoming hostess who know really well the surroundings. She will patiently explain to you how to get there and what to see in whatever language you speak...the bedrooms are not luxurious...but are clean and comfortable. Wake up in the morning with the smell of fresh brewed Italian coffee, open the window to see the mountains soroounding the village and come down to the kitchen to enjoy a delicious breakfast that Donna Marta prepares using local produce...I can't wait to go back to show the place to my wife.

Room tip: Some rooms don't have its own bathroom. If it is important for you ask during reservation
Date of stay: May 2016