We took over both the guest house and the cottage for my parents golden wedding anniversary celebration (3 people stayed in a campsite nearby) There were 22 of us ranging from 70 years old down to 1 year old and we found it perfect for everyone. The rooms are all absolutely beautiful, as is the rest of the house and the guest cottage. The children loved running around the beautiful grounds and watching the ducks in the stream.
Amanda was incredibly helpful throughout, from planning the weekend with us, to executing the plans precisely, nothing was too much trouble.
We were greeted to a lovely welcoming fire in the stunning lounge when we arrived, the fireplace is amazing. The lounge is a very relaxing beautiful area to enjoy a nice cold beer or a bottle of prosecco which are all reasonably priced. We went to a pub nearby for a meal on the Friday night. On the Saturday we went for a lovely walk, visited Beatrix Potters house, and spent a few hours in Bowness. The anniversary meal on the Saturday evening was beautiful, Amanda had recommended the menu and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. We spent the rest of the evening/early morning dancing the night away in the lounge.
I can't stress enough how fabulous this place is, especially for an event where you can fill all the rooms and therefore have the place to yourself. My parents enjoyed a very special weekend with all their family around them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 15th century hall, set in its own grounds, in the centre of the lake district near Hawkshead. Also self catering holiday cottage available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Low Graythwaite Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Graythwaite Hall Hotel Graythwaite
- Low Graythwaite Hall Lake District