Just returned home after a wonderful two night break at Low Graithwaite Hall. It is set in a peaceful location within lovely grounds - there were happy hens and ducks who provided the breakfast eggs. Caroline was very welcoming and friendly, couldnt have wished for more. The reception, dining room and lounge had been beautifully restored and were comfortable an welcoming. I had Room No2 which was beautiful and spacious - I was able to lie in a hot tub at the end of the day and look out through the window at a lovely view. Nice toiletries too. Not too keen on the coffee and tea provided in the room - would have preferred freetrade, but that is not a big deal just a personal preference.
Definitely a get away from it all location. No local pubs or restaurants which could be a problem, but friendly local taxi service if you do want to go into Hawkshead which is just 5 miles away (10 mins by car). I will definitely be visiting them again - I didnt want to leave.
Didnt realise was in Ulverston - shame isnt listed under Hawkshead - it was Hawkshead Tourist Info who had advised me about Low Graythwaite Hall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 5,000 acres of Private Estate on Lake Windermere, and within close proximity of Hawkshead and Beatrix Potter's Home, Low Graythwaite Hall Country House offers free In-House Concierge Service, free WiFi access and free on-site parking. This magnificent 17th Century Country House offers a large Guest Lounge with feature open fire and a Breakfast Room with garden views. Individually decorated, each room features a modern en suite bathroom, Flat Screen TV, Toiletries and Hairdryer. In-House Concierge offers activities such as 4x4 Off Road Driving, Bike Hire, Kayak Hire, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Guided Walks. Each morning, a traditional full Cumberland breakfast using locally farmed produce is served. For something lighter, a range of produce is available on the breakfast buffet. Vegetarians and guests with special dietary needs can be accommodated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Low Graythwaite Hall Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Graythwaite Hall Hotel Graythwaite
- Low Graythwaite Hall Country House Lake District