“Family celebration evening turned out just as we hoped it would!”

Restaurant Pizzaria Laghetto
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Wil
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Last reviewed three years ago and this time chose a Saturday evening service to visit and report. In the company of family including a small infant, we had a most enjoyable dining experience from start to finish - from seating position and ordering to service time, quality of food and general attentiveness. All ran smoothly and without ever feeling over/under powered during a busy service. A most enjoyable visit at a competitive price and a happy family departed two hours later!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We were looking for lunch off the road on the way to Zurich airport. We had almost given up even after asking for directions to a restaurant as the centre of town appeared so dead but finally found this place beside the small lake under the towering walls of the old town. Service was exceptionally good and the food well up to the expected standard. Well worth it if you can find this quiet place by the lake underneath the towering walls of the old town

Reviewed 19 May 2015

Really cute restaurant just next to the Wiler Weier. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The Frutti de Mare Pizza had lots of seafood and my children all enjoyed their various pizzas. They are usually very finicky but Laghettos passed the kids taste test.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I loved this restaurant. Mostly because it's across the street from a beautiful little park that has a pond, lots of water fowl, goats, etc. Ate two meals here and came once just to enjoy a glass of wine. The first meal was dinner and I had shrimp which was just slightly over cooked, but tasty. Not overcooked enough to send it back though. It was around sunset and this was a lovely spot to enjoy a nice red wine, dinner and friends. The second time I ate here was my birthday lunch. I was alone since my husband was working and I chose to come here again because service was so friendly for our dinner. I admit that I did go to Switzerland with the bad information that everyone speaks English. This is not the case when you are in smaller towns like Wil. I have never been anywhere that I couldn't speak at least a smattering of the language and it was pretty embarrassing to be in Switzerland with no Swiss-German to speak of. My waiter for lunch had no patience for a my lack of language, so I was pretty much ignored other than the bare necessities. I ordered pesto pasta which was very salty, and a glass of Swiss white wine which was nice and crisp. I enjoyed my lunch in spite of being ignored, and even managed to get enough attention to order a second glass of wine. Laghetto is great for the ambiance, and hit and miss for the rest.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for many years. Food is always good, pizzas are even very good. However, I think this restaurant has been better in the past.
Staff is quite friendly but sometimes a bit annoying. It can get quite loud, especially in the evening. You should not go to this restaurant if you want to have a romantic and/or quiet dinner.