“Hidden Gem!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

IHkilma12...
London
“Hidden Gem!!”
Reviewed 4 December 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Stayed for a week and we had an amazing time.
I thought this kind of places didn't exist: Perfect private beach, beautiful house and as much fresh fish as you can dream.
The place is in a secluded setting ideal for people after something different. You can stay in and enjoy kilometres of unspoiled beach or explore nature (the pelican tour is a must). If you like cooking you can get fresh fish or you can go to a charming town nearby.
The house is great and everything is sorted for you. All we had to do was enjoy the views!
We'll definitely come back!

Management Response
5 Dec 2016
Thank you Ivan! It was a pleasure hosting you and your wife. You were the perfect guests, and i am delighted to hear that you had such a good time. Please, consider Ría Luz the next time you are looking to unplug from the intensity of city life and you are thirsty to be in nature and see the stars at night!
Mathew N
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing Views in Spectacularly Comfortable Home”
Reviewed 16 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Staying at Ría Luz was one of the best travel decisions my friends and I have ever made. Ría Luz is not only comfortable, but stunning. The open expanses of sea and land are as stunning as they are breathtaking. From within the house you can see for miles in every direction and it all just feels so connected. The enormous open windows of the space allow you to feel the air as it flows and smell the ocean as it crashes upon the sand. This is not your everyday beach house. Moreover, the interior is simple in a way that reflects the surrounding area, but is also surprisingly detailed. It is easy to see the time and effort that has gone into crafting and curating such a lovely home -- I felt like I was living in the home of an artist.

Getting from the Cancun airport to the home was long, but we had no problems because of the clear instructions we received from Ana, the homeowner. From the moment we arrived, there was someone ready to welcome us and make us feel at home. We made the right decision in having groceries delivered and ready for us upon arrival -- everything is so much more simple when you don't have to worry about rounding up food. Comfort is an essential part of the Ría Luz experience.

My friends and I stayed at Ría Luz for a week and there were plenty of things to keep us busy. We spent the first couple of days on the beach -- less than a minute walk from the house -- relaxing and catching up with one another. The weather was perfection, nothing but clear skies. We took the tour of the nature preserve surrounding the area as recommended by the homeowner and were thrilled at the sight of the dozens of birds that call this place home. The rest of the week we explored the local town, Río Lagartos, enjoyed fresh fish, and relished in the time we got to spend with each other away from our busy lives. The whole time we were there, someone would stop by to make sure we felt comfortable and had everything we needed. I am so grateful to Ana, the homeowner, for effort in making us feel right at home. To put it quite simply: Ría Luz is paradise.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the comfortable, spectacular home
Liked least: Absolutely nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
20 Dec 2015
Thank you Mathew for the great review! So happy you and your friends enjoyed your stay at my house so much. Preparing my house to receive guests have been a pleasure, and an adventure, and I am delighted that I can share it with others. And as you say, the place is paradise! You were great guests. I would love to have you again! Ana
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing