“Not in great shape!”

Penha Longa Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Linho
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Robert Trent Jones II, this 18-hole course features gently rolling hills, stately groves of oaks and pines and magnificent views of the Sintra Mountains.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Too bad they let it slip away .. The fairways on the first nine holes were in bad condition and the greens not well maintained.

Not goo value for money!

1  Thank Bruno K
SMR26, General Manager at Penha Longa Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review on May 2nd.

We deeply regret the experiences you had in our golf course and offer our sincere apologies.

Please be assured that your comments have been addressed with the appropriate team members to analyze the reported situation.

You may contact myself directly in case you need any assistance in the future and in the meantime you can reach me at 351 21 9249011.

David Martínez

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Always a favourite course of ours we were disappointed in the state of the course this April. The first three holes are like playing on a beach after the drainage work and the rough is way too long. We spent ages looking for balls within 3 feet of the fairways which themselves had long grass akin to light rough. It's a fantastic course but not good at the moment, wake up.

1  Thank Gordon H
SMR26, General Manager at Penha Longa Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review on April 20th.

We deeply regret the experiences you had in our golf course and offer our sincere apology.

In fact, the fairways, from holes 1 to 3, had a chemical problem when fertilizing that seriously affected the grass but fortunately, this situation is fully recovered.

Please contact myself directly in case you need any assistance in the future. You can reach me at 351 21 9249011.

David Martínez

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Penha Longa Atlantico is a beutiful and enjoyable course. Layout and terrain with fairways going up and down are not too difficult for high handicappers but yet they give reasonable challenge to single hcp players as well. Must play course

2  Thank Tapio P
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Lovely scenary and good layout, very scenic. Course was very wet after rain: should have been closed but was not. Still wet after 3 days of sun which followed. Cart path only. Greens were
a bit "bumpy": not great conditions on the fairways.

1  Thank Samuel L
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had to write this as I am in shock at some of the comments. I have played this course 3 times over the last 10 years and I consider it to be a gem.
Accepted the first 2 occasions were some time back (ignore my time stamp) but the course could not have been better. The final time we played, a few years ago, it did show signs of poor maintenance, but I put that down to being treated.
I course is a beauty and so long as you check it's being maintained today, it will be a great day out.

1  Thank Baggiesguy