“Beautiful but secluded”
Review of Penha Longa Resort

Penha Longa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Linho
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great service and wonderful food, but it is very much by itself. It is an effort to go anywhere else. The pool area is nice but small so there isn't a lot to do onsite. We were there for a business conference and our group tends to select secluded locations so we are more likely to stick around. As a hotel it was excellent but its location makes it less desirable for someone wanting to see or do anything.

Room Tip: We had a premium room which was very spacious and had a nive balcony and view of the pool and golf c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ulebwise
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am so impressed with this hotel, the interior design is beautiful with fresh flowers & art everywhere. The staff was over the top helpful & friendly. They have a gym, spa, hair salon, retail, & indoor pool in one area. As well as a gorgeous golf course & outdoor infinity pool. You could spend a whole day just walking the grounds. I don't have children but I was very impressed with how child friendly this place was too. An incredible conference & wedding site. I cannot say enough great things about this place.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for a week's conference and everything was as you might expect for such a high end hotel. Facilities very good - my room was spacious and everything generally of good quality, and conference facilities were good. The staff were helpful and friendly at all times. I'm not sure I'd go here for a romantic getaway holiday - it's a very large place and seemed to have end to end conferences and groups staying so couples were definitely a minority when I was there. However as a conference location it was very good.

As ever, I'd really like to allocate this a midway rating ..... between 4 and 5.... but as I can't I'm settling on 4 (very good) as I had some minor issues. The shower in my room was designed with a door that didn't close at the bottom properly.... leading to a puddle of water on the bathroom floor every time i used it. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room, but no milk. And as the place is so big it was quite a hike to my room, which being in a corner of the building never seemed to get direct sun onto it's balcony.

So a few minor gripes but generally a hotel that lived up to expectations.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This may be the best resort we have ever stayed at. The facilities are modern and luxurious. Set among the rolling hills of Sintra and close to so many World Heritage Sights. Day trips to all the castles, walled villages and even Lisbon are so easy. Then come home and use the gym, swim, play tennis or golf. Did I mention the Fabulous food?
Louis at the front desk anticipated our needs before we did. He was so friendly as well as professional - finding us guides, drivers and tickets to the sights. The price of the resort is probably the best bargain in Europe. Dreaming of the day we can return!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank marymeyer
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After looking around for places to have our wedding ceremony and reception we visited Penha Longa. I don't believe we had seen the half of it when our decision was already made. The ceremony and cocktail was held at Jardim do Núncio and the dinner party at Arola. Everyone, from the very first day was so nice, everything was beautifully organized and we all had the best fun. It was a complicated weekend as there was another wedding taking place, it was the final game of the Champions so the hotel was fully booked and the was a meeting organized by the European Central Bank the very next day. Despite all this and with a little help from the weather we had the perfect wedding. The service was excellent at Jardim do Núncio and Arola, the food was delicious and the staff was the nicest possible. At the hotel it was the same. Teh wedding night was included so upon arrival we had an enourmous and super confortable suite for us and everyone makes you feel like you are at home. Sometimes, in a big 5 star hotel, the staff is friendly but somewhat distant. Here, we were especially impressed with the friendlyness of the staff who always greeted us with their best smile. Thumbs up for the breakfast buffet! A special thanks to Rafaela Paiva and all her help to make our wedding day a day to remember.

2  Thank DavidandAndre
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Second visit to this property in a year. The property is undergoing renovations currently, but this is not a reason to delay a visit. Incredible location, service, and amenities. The issue with the musty smells have been resolved. The carpets in the rooms and furniture are beng revamped. Would like to see some art work in the rooms, but the views of the grounds are art in themselves. Ask for a golf course wing view.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The property is beautiful, but several of my guests commented that with some work it could be amazing! I think I would have to agree. This could have been the best President's Club we ever had, but it didn't quite get there. The staff is all very nice and they are working on updating the exterior. If you are thinking about bringing a group here, I wouldn't hesitate; just make sure that everything you need is spelled out explicitly. I know they can make magic happen because my awards night and it turned out to be one of the best events I have ever done but, I sat down with the staff three hours before it started and went over every minute! Visit the Penha Longa, it’s beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linho
Tivoli Palacio de Seteais
Lawrence's Hotel
#9 of 15 in Sintra
4 mi away
InterContinental Estoril

Been to Penha Longa Resort? Share your experiences!