Penha Longa Resort
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$106
Pestana Hotel Group
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$607
  • Pool
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$116
TripAdvisor
1,463 results
All reviewsritz carltonbeautiful resortkids clubstar resortgolf resortexecutive suiteindoor poolshort drivesushi restaurantgreat golf courselobby barlisbon airportlong weekendsix sensesmonasterysintraspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great service and wonderful food, but it is very much by itself. It is an effort to go anywhere else. The pool area is nice but small so there isn't a lot to do onsite. We were there for a business conference and our group tends to select secluded locations so we are more likely to stick around. As a hotel it was excellent but its location makes it less desirable for someone wanting to see or do anything.

Room Tip: We had a premium room which was very spacious and had a nive balcony and view of the pool and golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ulebwise
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am so impressed with this hotel, the interior design is beautiful with fresh flowers & art everywhere. The staff was over the top helpful & friendly. They have a gym, spa, hair salon, retail, & indoor pool in one area. As well as a gorgeous golf course & outdoor infinity pool. You could spend a whole day just walking the grounds. I don't have children but I was very impressed with how child friendly this place was too. An incredible conference & wedding site. I cannot say enough great things about this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for a week's conference and everything was as you might expect for such a high end hotel. Facilities very good - my room was spacious and everything generally of good quality, and conference facilities were good. The staff were helpful and friendly at all times. I'm not sure I'd go here for a romantic getaway holiday - it's a very large place and seemed to have end to end conferences and groups staying so couples were definitely a minority when I was there. However as a conference location it was very good.

As ever, I'd really like to allocate this a midway rating ..... between 4 and 5.... but as I can't I'm settling on 4 (very good) as I had some minor issues. The shower in my room was designed with a door that didn't close at the bottom properly.... leading to a puddle of water on the bathroom floor every time i used it. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room, but no milk. And as the place is so big it was quite a hike to my room, which being in a corner of the building never seemed to get direct sun onto it's balcony.

So a few minor gripes but generally a hotel that lived up to expectations.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This may be the best resort we have ever stayed at. The facilities are modern and luxurious. Set among the rolling hills of Sintra and close to so many World Heritage Sights. Day trips to all the castles, walled villages and even Lisbon are so easy. Then come home and use the gym, swim, play tennis or golf. Did I mention the Fabulous food?
Louis at the front desk anticipated our needs before we did. He was so friendly as well as professional - finding us guides, drivers and tickets to the sights. The price of the resort is probably the best bargain in Europe. Dreaming of the day we can return!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank marymeyer
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After looking around for places to have our wedding ceremony and reception we visited Penha Longa. I don't believe we had seen the half of it when our decision was already made. The ceremony and cocktail was held at Jardim do Núncio and the dinner party at Arola. Everyone, from the very first day was so nice, everything was beautifully organized and we all had the best fun. It was a complicated weekend as there was another wedding taking place, it was the final game of the Champions so the hotel was fully booked and the was a meeting organized by the European Central Bank the very next day. Despite all this and with a little help from the weather we had the perfect wedding. The service was excellent at Jardim do Núncio and Arola, the food was delicious and the staff was the nicest possible. At the hotel it was the same. Teh wedding night was included so upon arrival we had an enourmous and super confortable suite for us and everyone makes you feel like you are at home. Sometimes, in a big 5 star hotel, the staff is friendly but somewhat distant. Here, we were especially impressed with the friendlyness of the staff who always greeted us with their best smile. Thumbs up for the breakfast buffet! A special thanks to Rafaela Paiva and all her help to make our wedding day a day to remember.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple