Quinta do Scoto
Ibis Lisboa Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nova Sintra(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Sintra Golf(Sintra)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$668
US$607
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Penha Longa Resort(Linho)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$307
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocal restaurantsbottle of wineb bunderfloor heatingwonderful hostslisbon sintrathe main houseother guestsswimming poolhelpful adviceplaces to visitmanor housepublic transporttrain stationhome away from homesmall villagefamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I first visited Quinta in December 2012 for a weekend. i was so pleased, the location, the beautiful properties on the land that have been renovated, the peacefulness and above all the welcome that I received from Tony, Penny and Charlotte.

The location was peaceful yet close by to a few good local restaurants and also the train line providing access into Lisbon. Sintra was also relatively close by, a picturesque village, well worth a visit.

The accommodation was absolutely lovely, gorgeous decor and very spacious and clean. The rooms were very well equiped with tea/coffee facilities and some nice finishing touches to include fresh milk and soft drinks/beer in the fridge along with a welcome bottle of wine to help you unwind. I was fortunate to have one of the rooms/suites which looked out over the swimming pool, but unfortunately it was December, therefore not the weather for swimming. The room/suite was lovely and warm with a heated floor. The bathroom was great, the shower had a large flow shower head.

Personally, as a guest on my own I couldn't have asked for more. The hosting from Tony & Penny was outstanding. They were so welcoming and were genuinely interested in getting to know a bit about me (as opposed to being handed a room key at check-in which is quite often the norm), they couldn't do enough to help me with regard to information that I may need to include taxi's, resaturants etc. a lovely kind family. The breakfast was plentyful with a huge range of food to set you up for your day.

Subsequently, I visited Portugal in December 2013, and with the location being so perfect for me, I stayed once again at Quinta and had an equally and enjoyable stay albeit just not long enough and once again, too cold for the swimming pool.

I definately plan to bring my family to Quinta in the Summer months and really look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The rooms that look out over the swimming pool are best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed 5-6 nights at the Quinta in September of last year and had a wonderful time. The location of the Quinta between Lisbon and Sintra is ideal. We arrived by car, but did most of our local exploring using the local trains which are both cheap and efficient. And after the hustle and bustle of Lisbon or a day trip to Sintra or Cascais/Estoril, it was nice to back to the peace and quiet of the Quinta. One day we spent the entire day at the Quinta by the pool just doing nothing.

The area around the Quinta is quite rural and the small village just across the tracks is nice for lunch or a evening meal out. Almost walking distance is Rio de Mouro which is basically a Lisbon/Sintra suburb has more to offer if you looking for more than just a village tavern. The seafood restaurant Victor is definitely worth a visit. We loved the fresh seafood rice (one order would have served 3-4).

Tony and Penny are excellent hosts and can offer you information regarding just about anything you might want to do during your stay in Portugal. Breakfast is very good and it is wonderful way to start your day getting to know the other guests and swapping experiences gleaned from recent excursions.

Highly recommended rural hotel. I can´t say enough about how much I enjoyed the pool. When we go back, we will definitely book a ground floor room with a door that opens out on to pool. Well done Tony and Penny.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are more convenient for the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I made a return visit to the Quinta in September. Having visited previously in the winter we were excited to return and experience all the area and Quinta had to offer in the sun. It was just as wonderful as we remembered - spacious rooms, luxurious bathrooms, a beautiful pool and the best breakfasts!
Tony, Penny and Charlotte were the model hosts and we felt like we were old friends returning for a visit. We hired a car from the airport and followed the directions from the website, arriving without a single wrong turn. A welcome drink was the perfect way to end our journey and then we were quickly settled into our beautiful room.
We spent the week exploring the coatsline with trips to Cascais, various beautiful beaches and Lisbon, not to mention a couple of lazy days by the pool and delicious suppers the local restaurants. Everyone should experience a steak on the stone!
Even though the Quinta was pretty much full of guests, we often had the pool to ourselves during the first part of the day. Breakfast was a great chance to find out what other guests were doing and get tips for our own itinerary and we always left too full to need lunch until well into the afternoon!
Quinta do Scoto is the ideal location for exploring Lisbon, the coastline and Sintra. We loved having a car to be able to explore wherever the mood took us, however the train was a great way to get into Lisbon with a short walk to the local station or a lift from Tony!
We loved the feeling of getting to experience local Portugal and I have no doubt we will return again and again! Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Qunita do Scoto was a wonderful stay for my family. The hosts provided wine upon our arrival, walking my family through the local dining options and nearby activities. The rooms were huge with high ceilings, immaculately clean, wonderfully decorated, and stocked with snacks/beer/wine/coffee/tea/tissues (it was november and we were in need). The floors were heated in the rooms and bathrooms, which was a wonderful surprise, and the bathrooms had large flow shower heads. The breakfast was delicious and abundant...breads, jams, pate, cheese rounds, fruit, cereals, yogurts, coffee, juice, muffins, cake...the works.

Our family had a wonderful experience and would recommend to anyone looking for a stay!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent 3 wonderful nights at the Quinta and were thoroughly pleased. Tony and Penny are superb hosts and extremely helpful. The Quinta itself is an old estate which they have lovingly and beautifully restored and modernized. Many of the original furnishings remain and they are magnificent! Our room was very clean, comfortable, spacious and well appointed. It was so nice after a long journey to find fresh fruit, snacks and drinks (including a good bottle of Portuguese wine!) waiting in our room. Breakfast each day was outstanding and a real treat.
We enjoyed being in a relaxed and quiet country atmosphere, while still being very accessible to Lisbon and Sintra (which we visited from the Quinta during our stay) We have nothing negative to report, all was wonderful!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple