Imani Beach Villa
US$298
US$290
  • Breakfast included
Sea View Hotel(Zanzibar City)
US$77
Priceline
US$45
Zanzibar Ocean View(Zanzibar Island)
US$100
Average 3/5
US$99
US$83
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Princess Salme Inn(Stone Town)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$19
Kholle House(Stone Town)
US$109
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsstone towntreehouse restaurantlow seasonstonetowntoursislandzanzibarvillabeach
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 23 November 2013

If you are looking for some tranquillity and peace, this is your place!
    Numerous little touches give evidence that this place is run by professionals (unlike so many others on this beautiful island):
    Spotlessly clean accommodations with authentic furnitures and generous bathrooms, everything in good working condition and all the staff genuinely friendly and helpful.
    Having said that, remember you are on Zanzibar with its yearlong tradition of daily power cuts; despite all the assurances you will hear, this is not going to change any time soon. "Imani" has an inverter powering some few emergency lights, but no generator. Therefore, your room's a/c unit will turn into a useless piece of furniture for many hours every single day...
    The new restaurant offers stunning views over the ocean, drinks are very reasonably priced, their "main courses" however are not: expect a generous serving of rice, accompanied by a tiny garnish of either fish, beef or chicken. Charging USD 12 - 15 for such an arrangement is definitely not justified.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    2  Thank kyallo
    Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have just spent 4 nights here and it is definitely the place to wind down !

The rooms were gorgeous and the service fabulous.

A real treat was the treehouse where we ate dinner and watched the sunset w a drink each night.

Well priced and the team are helpful, friendly & welcoming !

If you are looking for a place to relax and unwind, this is it !

10ks out of Stone Town but only a 300 TSH ($0.20 USD) away - this is an ideal wee spot !

Well done to Simon & his team for creating this piece of paradise !

• Stayed: November 2013
    Reviewed 17 August 2013

Imani is close to Stone Town, we took a dala dala every evening to eat out, but had to take a private taxi back, since we didnt want to walk in pitch dark the last part.
    But I loved staying there, trying every great cocktail they have in the beautiful tree house, candle lit.
    Rooms are very nice, as well as enough pressure in the hot shower, to talk lovely showers with enough water (a rarity in my place, so I enjoyed big time!).
    Staff is friendly, but Zanzibar is a muslim place. Which I love for all the beautiful things they have, but sometimes I noted it a bit too well in the behaviour.
    Since I am only a woman, I noticed a difference in approach by the male servers, especially Hadji. He is a nice man, but to my husband he was more polite then to me, more eager to serve him or listen to him. When I asked something, he looked at my husband when he answered. A bit funny feeling, although I respect it, he is working in a tourist environment, where bazungu act to be treated all the same.
    Also lying on the beach in my bikini was not my favorite. A lot of locals pass by and do stare you down. I felt utterly naked and didnt do it again.
    I did stay at the beach a couple of times and had a great time, enjoying the beautiful view, the heat, the laziness, just not in my bikini anymore.
    All in all it was a great trip, totally relaxed, just what I went for, and I would totally recommend Imani and the friendlyness of Jordan, acting manager.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 August 2013

mani beach lodge has its pros and cons but in the end the pros outweighed the cons personally for me which is why I highly recommend them.

Clean rooms, the tree house, proximity to the beach, spice plantations and prison island make it quite desirable, not as commercial and touristy as Stone town. Cons were if you planned to come back to the hostel after sun down, you either have to shell out 10-15 bucks to get a cab or take dala dala for much less but walk 1/4 km in pitch darkness. (Hadji - one of the day time caretakers is the nicest guy in all Zanzibar, he was extremely helpful in making recommendations to ensure I checked off every single item from my list given that I was in Zanzibar only for 3 days!).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank Bhupesh B
    Reviewed 6 August 2013

After 7 weeks of working in a hospital in Tanzania with my friends, Imani Beach Villas was the perfect place to go and relax for a week. Imani sorted out our transfer from the airport to the hotel and we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff of Imani. We were shown to our great rooms which we enjoyed sleeping in comfortable four poster beds. Our favourite bit was the treehouse where we enjoyed great cocktails, food (available all day) and views during the evening. If you want to do more than just chill at the villas you can go on one of the many exciting excursions arranged for you by the staff at Imani, we took a trip out to the sandbank and to Prison Island were we snorkelled and had a lot of fun, some amazing beach scenery! Stone Town is also a short distance from Imani, it is a bit more touristy and good to look around with friends! Overall a great service provided by the manager, Jordan, and I would highly recommend Imani Beach Villa!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends