“Great room, small bathroom”
Review of Hotel Europe

Hotel Europe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Saverne
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked this hotel last minute. The lady at reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room at €86. was not large but very comfy with comfortable twin beds (they are placed together in the local fashion). Great duvets, good AC, good wi-fi and pleasant decor. I was really happy with this room. If there is a drawback it is that the bathroom was really tiny. It had a good shower, make up mirror on wall and hair dryer, so it was well appointed, but a large person would probably find it a bit uncomfortable. It was not a problem for me as I am a small woman but it is the reason I did not give it 5 stars.
Off the lobby there is a nice little bar, and on the other side the breakfast room. Both in a great Art Deco style. The same lady that greater us the evening before brought us our coffee. Cost of breakfast was €10.50 and it is worth it. There was good cheese and cold meats, 2 types of jam, bread, croissant, an egg boiling machine to cook nice fresh farm eggs, dried fruits, fruit salad, yoghurt and cereals. We were served apple juice that was delish and tasted freshly juiced.

Room Tip: The hotel doesn't have parking but there is parking very close on a pretty little square.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eveline C

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We picked this hotel based on other reviews for a stop over on our way to Lake Garda. The hotel is easy to find with a satnav and only five or 10 minutes from the motorway, we arrived about 6pm on a Saturday and were able to park right by the door on the street which was free for that time through Sunday, but we were also offered a garage space if we had wanted it.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, and staff very welcoming with an efficient family run feel and our room (classed as a grand deluxe double) had a sitting area, a kettle, really comfy bed and crisp linens and a great, bright bathroom with a power shower.

The room was quiet, though the one thing to note is that the soundproofing between rooms could be improved, but we had quiet neighbours so I am not sure that this is a big issue as it was relatively untested!

We didn't breakfast at the hotel, rather took a stroll to a local patisserie, but many guests were.

Didn't see much of Saverne, but what we did was very pleasant, and plenty of restaurants to choose from.

We would stop here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Came to Saverne to see the castle and some of the little streets. Turned out that the church was a highlight (once again, the church holds the soul of the village, and this from a non-religious person).

Hotel has good Wifi and a good elevator - room was nice sized, bath was fine, linens were fine, room was quiet. Folks at the reception area were helpful and friendly (it was late when I got there with my carry-out dinner - the bar was not open but the guy sold me a lovely bottle of wine to take upstairs).

Nat'l holiday left the museums closed, but there was still great walking. The hike up to the castle is wonderful, and the Castle ruins are a treat - the restaurant up there not so much, and not friendly. But the ruins? Great! And the chapel is special.

Stayed 2 nights here - close to train station, close to charming town, and museums are worth seeing when they are open. The streets just above the Grand Rue are old and charming, and the Taverne Katz is not to be missed.

This is not a FANCY hotel, just a simple and good one.

Room Tip: My room was in the front of the building on the street but was still quiet. And Wifi was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were not sure whether to bash straight through France and Switzerland to get to Lake Garda, or take a more leisurely approach. In the end, we pulled off the motorway for a coffee and my wife got out her i.pod thing and googled local hotels. Saverne was only a few clicks away so we decided to check it out, and boy, I'm glad we did. A truely beautiful place complete with the obligatory canal! The Europe Hotel only had one room available which we gladly took. We also managed to park our car which was packed to the roof for our 3 week holiday, in their lock-up garage. What a bonus that was. No need to take everything in for the night. The bedroom was large and well furnished, if a little old fashioned, or perhaps, traditional would be a better way to describe it. However, for me, the highlight were the BIGGEST, SOFTEST towels in thge world! Absolute luxury, but unfortunately they were too big to smuggle out in our luggage! The staff were friendly and spoke English, and the restaurant perfectly acceptable. Although we only stayed for the one night, we will definitely return on our next trip through France, only this time we will break our journey for a couple of days. Although it was not a long stay, the hotel had the sort of atmosphere that made you want to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice place! Staff was really helpful in every way.
The hotel is located right on one of the main streets, fortuantely it's a one way street. The village is really neat and there is really a lot do and take in and the hotel staff was always ready to accomidate.
The room was clean and in nice condition. They recently replaced the matresses and beds, so they were still pretty firm to the point of being hard, but that will change in the next couple weeks as more guests use the rooms.
All in all, simply a nice place worth the effort to find and stay in, I would easily return to this one. It's the kind of place you can enjoy with your significant other for a romantic weekend, or a place you can take you parents to and be sure they would be well taken care of.

Room Tip: If you want to see one of the canal regions in the Alsace and have a great place to stay, this is it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here just a few days ago for a work related trip so was booked by my company as we have premises nearby. Only a two minute walk from Saverne Train Station the Europe Hotel was small but perfectly formed. My room was comfortable, clean and modern. The lift was the smallest I have ever seen so I'd advise taking the stairs if you are at all claustrophobic! Breakfast was included in the room that was booked for me so I don't know the rate for breakfast but was nice, croissant, bread, cereal, yogurts, fruit etc. Staff were friendly. Convenient location for the centre of Saverne just a short two minute stroll into the centre of town. Would recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Saverne, a lovely town in the Alsace, was for one reason or another, very busy the night in May we arrived, so that we were obliged to take a deluxe room at the Europe as everywhere else was full. However we were pleased that we had as it was one of the nicest rooms that we have stayed in - well fitted to the deluxe description. Huge bed, nice sitting area, a balcony and a lovely bathroom with very big bath and a rather special shower that gave a massage. The staff were a bit 'snotty' in the best French way and we didn't have breakfast as that was extra and I thought a bit pricey. I would love to stay here longer and if I did I would definitely choose this particular room again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saverne
0 mi away
Hotel Ecluse 34
Hotel Ecluse 34
#1 of 1 in Steinbourg
Hotel Spa et Restaurant au Chasseur

Been to Hotel Europe? Share your experiences!