“Nice enough”
Review of Beach House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in French River
Beach House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 French River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2011

There are stand alone rooms outside the house, cottages with kitchens and rooms inside the home. We stayed in the Linden room (inside the house) with private but separate bath. It's a old house with old house characteristics - slanting floors, ill fitting doors. Was not able to keep window open as the wind would whistle straight through. Window seat was nice to look out on nice mature linden trees but uncomfortable to sit on - cushions too limp. Breakfast was good (frittata, sticky bun, juice, coffee, toast, homemade jam) and not too big, not too small. Portions reasonable. Guests were able to use a small refrigerator on the main level. Computer and library available to guests. Nice living room with coffee table books. Lots of artwork, particularly photography throughout. Sunny enclosed porch area was the dining area for all guests - at separate tables. Fairly close to beach - so it was a nice walk along the beach and dunes. Small lighthouse nearby was pleasant. Would we return? We'd probably explore our options.

Room Tip: Take a look at your options - each of the quarters vary.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann J
There are newer reviews for Beach House Inn

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I scoured Trip Advisor looking for the perfect place to stay on PEI during the New Brunswick Day long weekend. I wasn't worried about location, as everything is only a short drive away, no matter where you are on the island.

I chose the Beach House Inn because of the great rate, which included full gourmet breakfasts @ @139. The main house is run like a B&B, while 3-4 other buildings were self contained units (minus a kitchen), including our "Islander Room", which had a deck on the front and back, mini fridge, table & chairs, recently updated bathroom, flat screen tv and sitting area. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the pillows were comfy!

My only complaint at the beginning of the trip was the fact that breakfast started at 8am. I was on vacation and wanted to sleep in, but it turned out to be a good thing, as it gave us the whole day to explore the island.

Others have mentioned that the owners were very rude - we found the complete opposite. As soon as we drove in the yard, the husband welcomed us by name, checked us in quickly and gave us a full run-down of the place. He offered suggestions of where to grab supper and he also served all of the breakfasts, while his wife cooked. The food was home-cooked and delicious - there was always fruit and a pastry before the full meal, as well as a selection of juice, teas and coffee.

The only interaction I had with his wife Brenda was when I called to book the room, and when I paid at the end of our stay. She was friendly, but very quiet (most likely shy), which some can mistake for rude.

I have been recommending the Beach House Inn to anyone who has asked where I stayed in PEI. It is a short drive to several great restaurants, as well as to Cavendish (which was packed due to the rain), and Brackley Beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KatieBursey
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Beach House Inn recently on our visit to PEI. The Inn is located on a back road outside the sleepy town of French River on the north coast of PEI. The location has spectacular views of the Gulf of St. Lawrence to the north and New London Bay and the NL Lighthouse to the east.

The owners, Gary and Brenda, did a good job of balancing being friendly and helpful with not being intrusive. Our room ("Linden") was small but comfortable and in fairness was one of the less expensive ones in the house. We had a private bath in the hallway and were provided a bathrobe for showers or nighttime trips (a nice touch). The breakfasts were excellent and I preferred the individual table arrangement to some B & B's with a common table. Not that I'm antisocial but sometimes I prefer not to have to be "on" in the morning. There is a very nice common room and porch for reading / relaxing.

We were there to bicycle and my only negative about the place is that it is not an ideal cycling location. Any day trip involves riding on extremely busy Rt. 20. For touring cyclists with no car, the Inn has no restaurants nearby so is only suitable if you have already eaten or bring your own dinner. We found ourselves driving our bikes around to take day rides.

Overall a great experience and if we returned to PEI we would certainly consider another stay at the Beach House Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ablasen57
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed here 4 nights and the accommodation was 1st class . We chose Seaview Room and we felt very comfortable here. Brenda and Gary were excellent hosts. The breakfasts were excellent and something different every morning. Our only negative is that we won't be able to return!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suephillips1950
Reviewed 25 December 2010

If the quaint towns and hill aren't quaint enough for you, this place is the extra dose of PEI quaint you'll need!
The French River location is beautiful, off the beaten path away from the hoards of tourists and hotels in Cavendish. The B&B is at the end of a dirt road, a 5 min walk away from the ocean. The owners are an adorable husband and wife team who make you feel like you're an old friend or relative crashing at their house. Very hospitable, but not intrusive. My friend and I stayed in the Linden Room. Very clean and pleasant, I would definitely come back here again! Owners were also very helpful with pointing our local view points & light houses.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank strangers_road
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My wife and I stayed 2 nights. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our room, our view, and my wife loved the large red tub with a view! Brenda and Gary made us feel at home and cooked up an excellent breakfast. After a long day of golf or shooting pictures we love coming back to The Beach House to relax. I could have easily spent a week here. I highly recommend the Inn if you are in PEI.

Tom and Cory
Diamond Bar, California

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T0mV
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I’ve never stayed on the north side of Prince Edward Island before, but when my boyfriend said he’d like to see the place I loved so much I was hoping to be near the sandy beaches of Prince Edward Island’s national parks. His only criteria was that he wanted an ocean view.

The Beach House Inn is a bed and breakfast accommodation, and it was the perfect getaway for us. From the time I called to make reservations, our host was warm and friendly, which to me was an indication of the service we’d receive.

How can I describe this place? Warm, inviting, artsy, very tastefully decorated with wonderful, hearty breakfasts. Accommodations include either rooms in the main house or cottages. Our room was on the second floor of the main house looking out over potato fields, woodlands, and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. We had a small balcony, and one night we sat outside star-gazing. I’ve never seen so many stars!

Speaking of our room, in addition to the bed, we had our own bathroom; desk; TV; sitting area with loveseat, chair and coffee table; small refrigerator; and small table with 2 chairs. The only change I’d make to our stay is to change the mattress in our room, but I’m calling that “charm.” Honestly, everything was wonderful.

If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, I’d recommend this place. If you’re looking to “get away from it all,” this is also the perfect place. For example, after our first meal there, we took a walk down to the lighthouse and beach, and on the way back saw a bald eagle and a red fox. Additionally, we weren’t far from tourist areas, shopping, and beaches, yet we were far enough away. The Beach House Inn is also very close to some fishing towns and you’ll pass through one of the most scenic little fishing villages on the island. It’s a beautiful place to relax – picturesque and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
#5 of 8 in Cavendish
Cavendish Maples Cottages
Cavendish Maples Cottages
#1 of 21 in Cavendish

Been to Beach House Inn? Share your experiences!